13 | A TRIP TO THE HOSPITAL WING

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter thirteen — a trip to the hospital wing

♡━━━━━♡

     LYRA'S BODY SHOCKED WHEN THE COLD WATER ENGULFED HER. She had the sudden urge to gasp for air but managed to suppress that, knowing only water would enter her lungs.

Looking up, she saw the hole in the ice and tried to swim towards it. However, with the adding weight of her skates, that was easier said than done.

A dark figure appeared on the ice and looked down at her while she tried to take of the skates. Then, it dived in.

Lyra was absolutely shocked to see Regulus swimming to her. He grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to him, wrapping one arm around her waist. Lyra's face was pressed against his chest as Regulus swam back to the hole.

They burst through the surface and Lyra took a deep breath, filling her lungs with cold air.

"Help her," Regulus ordered Aiden, who had taken his skates off and was now extending his hand to Lyra.

She took it and the Hufflepuff dragged her out of the water onto the ice.

"Here," Aiden said, taking off his coat and handing it to her.

"Thanks," Lyra said absently, as she watched Regulus get out of the water.

"Lyra!" a voice called and the trio turned around to see James and Sirius dashing down to the Black Lake. Her brother did not hesitated to step onto the ice and he somehow managed to get to her, engulfing her in a tight hug. "Are you all right? What happened?" His hazel eyes dashed over to where Regulus was standing. "Did you do this to her?"

"No, James, that's now what hap—" Lyra began.

"Let's get you to the hospital wing," James said curtly, grabbing her arm and dragging her along with her. "I don't want you to get sick."

"But—" Lyra began, turning her head to look at Regulus.

"No buts Lyra!" James snapped.

"I can go to the hospital wing on my own," Lyra said, pulling her arm out of his grip as they headed back into the castle.

"We were just worried about you, Ly," Sirius said softly, following close behind the twins. "When James felt you drowning, we thought the worst."

"Honestly I wasn't drowning," Lyra said irritably, "if you just list—"

"What were you doing on the ice anyway?" James questioned, as they passed the doors to the Great Hall. "You should know it's not as thick anymore this time of the year."

If it wasn't for the fact that Lyra knew her brother was only reacting like this because he was truly worried, she'd already hid him on the head.

"Fine, I'm sorry!" Lyra snapped. "I was on a date and didn't think about that!"

Sirius and James both looked at her, astonished.

"A date? With Regulus?" Sirius asked.

"For your record, Aiden was there, too!" Lyra exclaimed, striding away towards the hospital wing. "And he's a good guy!"

"What on earth is happening?" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed, as the three of them stormed into the hospital wing. "Did someone die?"

"No, some people," Lyra said, throwing a glance at James and Sirius, "are just overreacting."