04 | SLUGHORN'S PARTY

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter four — slughorn's party

♡━━━━━♡

     FRIDAY CAME QUICKLY AND LYRA FOUND HERSELF LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. Lily had chosen a dark blue dress for Lyra and the redhead was currently braiding her dark hair.

"Thank you, Lily," Lyra told her, once the her friend was done. "It's beautiful."

"It's no problem," Lily smiled. "I like doing girly stuff with another girl, my sister is not so keen on doing it."

Lyra turned around as she noticed the sadness in her friend's voice.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Lils, but if it makes you feel any better, James doesn't want to do that with me, either. However," she added, frowning deeply, "I might convince Sirius to it."

The two friends laughed before making their way down to the common room.

"Looking good Evans!" a voice exclaimed and Lyra rolled her eyes upon hearing James.

Lily pretended not to notice and marched out of the common room through the portrait. Lyra waved at the four boys, rolling her eyes as Sirius winked at her, before following her friend.

"I hate it when he does that," Lily muttered under her breath.

Lyra placed her hand on her friend's shoulder. "He only means well," she told her. "But I understand you don't like it. Let's just go and enjoy the party."

The two Gryffindors made their way towards Professor Slughorn's chambers and were surprisingly the first to arrive.

"Miss Evans, Miss Potter, you're here early," Professor Slughorn said warmly. "Please, have a seat."

Lily and Lyra exchanged a glance and took a seat on the right side of the table.

"At least we get to choose where we're sitting," Lyra whispered in Lily's ear as they sat down.

The redhead smiled and they started a conversation about a book she had been reading.

Lyra didn't look up from their conversation until the chair on the other side of her was pulled back. Her hazel eyes snapped up and was surprised to see Regulus sitting next to her. He didn't notice, though, as he was in a deep conversation with Severus. Lyra observed the dark haired boy and saw that he'd dress up nicely. He looked handsome, she noticed, before snapping out of her thoughts and turning back towards Lily.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

THE FIRST THING Regulus saw when entering Slughorn's chambers, was Lyra Potter, dressed in a dark blue dress and looking absolutely stunning. Of course, he didn't tell her that. Instead, he started a conversation with Severus and pretended to not noticed her when sitting down next to her, since all the other seats were already taken.

He could feel her staring at him, but he didn't look her way. He relaxed when she, eventually, looked back at her friend and continued their conversation.

"Welcome, everyone!" Professor Slughorn began, standing up and raising his glass, making the conversations come to a halt. The food appeared on their plates and a happy chatter filled the room once more.