18 | END OF SIXTH YEAR

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter eighteenend of sixth year

♡━━━━━♡

THERE WAS A CERTAIN EXCITEMENT IN THE AIR WHEN THE END OF YEAR FEAST APPROACHED. Lyra and Lily were sitting in the Great Hall with Alice and Marlene, having their last breakfast of the school year.

"I have the feeling that this year went by so quickly," Alice pointed out. "I seems like yesterday that Lyra joined us."

"And now we cannot live without her," Marlene added, leaning forward to ruffle Lyra's hair.

Lyra yelped, ducked out of the way, lost her balance and ended up on the floor. For a moment, no one said anything as they were all too stunned. Then, they all burst out laughter. Lyra was still laying on the ground by the time Aiden passed them. He offered her his hand, which she gladly took, and pulled her up.

"Thanks," she said, dusting her short off.

He gave her a warm smile. "Don't mention it."

"Do you have any plans for the holiday?" Lyra asked, looking up at him.

"Yeah, I'll be going to Italy with my parents," Aiden said, going with a hand through his hair. "You?"

"I'll be visiting my friends from Beauxbatons in France," Lyra said, grinning in excitement. "My friend Charlotte lives near the ocean and we're planning to learn how to surf."

"Sounds cool," Aiden said, smiling. "Try not to drown."

Lyra laughed. "I know how to swim, Aiden!"

"Swimming in a pool is different than swimming in the ocean," he warned her. "You have to be careful of tides and stuff like that."

Lyra nodded. "I promise I'll be careful." She then grinned. "Who else is supposed to entertain everyone at Hogwarts, anyway?"

Aiden smiled and his dimples in his cheeks appeared. It was cute, but not as cute as the smile of a certain black haired Slytherin boy . . .

"No one could replace you," Aiden agreed. "Anyway, I'm off, have a nice summer, Lyra."

Lyra smiled. "You too, Aiden."

Marlene sighed as she watched Aiden take off. "I still think it's a shame that you two aren't together. Apart from the part you almost drowned in the lake, your date went well!"

Lyra stared at Aiden's retreating back, wishing she could feel more than friendship for him. It would be so much easier.

"Sometimes things don't work out." The words left her lips and penetrated the silence that had fallen over the small friend group. "And there is nothing you can do about it."

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

THE MOON WAS shining brightly onto the castle, when Lyra made her way to the seventh floor. It would be the last night she'd spent in Hogwarts before the summer holidays and she'd gotten a note from Regulus telling him to meet him in the Room of Requirement.