12 | DATE GONE WRONG

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter twelve — date gone wrong

♡━━━━━♡

     CHRISTMAS PASSED BY SWIFTLY AND SOON ENOUGH, Lyra found herself sitting on the Hogwarts Express once more. As soon as she had set foot on the train, Lily had dragged her away from the Marauders and into a compartment with Marlene and Alice. The four of them were now talking about their Christmas holidays.

"I've got a boyfriend," Alicia told them, beaming.

"Who is it?" Marlene exclaimed. "Is it Frank? It's Frank, isn't it? Please tell me it's Frank!"

"Who's Frank?" Lyra asked eagerly.

"A seventh year Gryffindor," Marlene quickly explained, before turning back to Alicia. "Come on, Al! Tell us!"

"It's Frank," Alicia said, grinning broadly.

"Yes!" Marlene said, jumping in the air before flinging her arms around the dark head's neck. "I'm so happy for you!"

Alice laughed while hugging Marlene back. "Thanks, Mar."

"Well, I don't know who Frank is but he's one lucky guy," Lyra said, smiling.

"Thanks, Ly," Alice said, smiling back.

The four of them continued to talk about everything that had happened during the Christmas holidays. After a couple of hours, Hogwarts came into view and the Hogwarts Express stopped at Hogsmeade Station. They quickly got into a carriage and continued their conversation as it brought them to the castle.

Lyra opened the door and stepped out, avoiding a puddle of mud. She then turned around and offererd the others a helping hand as they jumped over the puddle.

"Thanks, Lyra," Lily said. "Let's get inside!" She linked her arm with Lyra's and dragged the dark head with her up the steps of the castle, Alice and Marlene following behind.

"Hello there Potter," Aiden said, appearing in front of them and giving her a warm smile. "Had a good Christmas?"

"I had," Lyra said, smiling back. "How was yours?"

"It was good," Aiden said. "Anyway, I was wondering whether you wanted to hang out with me tomorrow? I promise I'll make you some hot chocolate if you'd like."

Lyra grinned. "It's a deal."

"Great!" Aiden said, beaming. "See you then!"

"My, my, Lyra," Marlene said, grinning. "Seems like Alice won't be the only one who'll get a boyfriend this year."

"It's not like that!" Lyra said, though her cheeks burned up slightly. "I'm sure he just thinks of us like friends."

"Whatever you say," Marlene said, as they sat down at the Gryffindor table. "But he sure likes you."

"Who likes who?" Sirius asked, as he, James, Remus and Peter sat down next to them.

"No one," Lyra quickly said, knowing that if he or her brother knew about Aiden, it would end badly for the Hufflepuff.

Sirius and James gave her a suspicious glance but decided to leave it as Remus started talking about their next prank.

"That was a close one," Lyra said quietly, as the four of them started to fill their plates.