19 | JE M'EN FOUS

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter nineteen — je m'en fous

♡━━━━━♡

SUMMER WAS CERTAINLY A WELCOMING SIGHT, Lyra thought as she was sitting on her surf board. Charlotte and Aubrey were laying onto her board next to the her.

It had been a week since Lyra got here. Three weeks since she'd last seen Regulus.

"You've changed, Lyra," Charlotte said, interrupting her thoughts. "And not for the good. What happened at Hogwarts?"

"Nothing," Lyra said, a little bit too quickly.

Charlotte raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure? Does this have anything to do with that boy we met in Diagon Alley? What was his name again? Richard?"

"Regulus," Lyra automatically said.

"Ah, yes, Regulus," Charlotte sighed. "So it is about him."

"Never said it was."

"You don't need to," Charlotte stated. "You seem to forget we have known you for a while now. I know when you're lying. Frankly, you're not doing a good job. I've seen you lie dozens of times before." She tilted her head. "What happened?"

Lyra sighed. "It's a long story."

"We've got plenty of time," Aubrey said, gesturing around them. "There doesn't seem to be any waves coming."

And so Lyra told them everything.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

"HONESTLY, I DON'T get his deal," Charlotte said, as they headed back towards the beach house that belonged to Charlotte's family. She came from a long line of rich Muggles. "He's clearly in love with you."

"It's not that simple," Lyra said. "I wish it was."

"It could be," Aubrey said. "You reached out your hand. It's his choice whether to accept it or not."

"He'd be stupid not to," Charlotte retorted.

"James and Sirius think he joined You-Know-Who," Lyra said quietly.

A silence fell over the group.

"Well, that does make things more difficult," Aubrey admitted.

"I say je m'en fous," Charlotte said. "Love conquers all. You have to fight for love."

"I'm not going to fight for someone who might not want me," Lyra said, crossing her arms. "My pride is bigger than that."

Charlotte leaned forward and winked. "Who said I was talking about you? Sooner or later our dear Richard—"

"Regulus."

"—will realize what a great person you are and he will gladly ditch You-Know-Who to come and join you."

Lyra pursed her lips. "You make it sound easy."

"Love is easy."

"It might be for you and Louis," Aubrey piped in, "but you guys are living the fairytale. It's not that simple for most of us."

Lyra eyed Aubrey. "You seem to talk about experience."

Aubrey smiled sadly. "I met a guy this year, but it didn't work out."