15 | THE LIBRARY INCIDENT

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*
✧༝┉˚*❋ METANOIA ❋*˚┉༝✧
ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ ‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̥͙̽‿̩͙ˊ⸊ˎ
'*•.¸♡ ♡¸.•*'

chapter fifteenthe library incident

♡━━━━━♡

     "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS ONE?" Marlene said, showing Lyra a page out of Witch Weekly. It was a picture of a rather handsome wizard—one Lyra did not know.

"He's hot," she admitted, as she yawned. They currently had History of Magic and to say it was boring would be an understatement. The only reason why Lyra had not yet fallen asleep was because of Marlene, who was shoving the magazine under her nose every minute.

Alice and Lily, who sat in front of them, seemed to have given up on the lesson, too. While the former seemed to be writing a love letter (to Frank probably), the latter was staring at James who sat next to Sirius on the other side of the classroom.

Wait. What?

Lyra blinked and sat up. Her eyes darted between Lily and James, and saw that the red head was indeed staring at her brother.

No way.

Lyra quickly tore a piece off her parchment and scrabbled quickly:

Why are you staring at my brother? — L

She then rolled it up in a ball before throwing it on Lily's desk. The red head jumped up and turned around, fazed. Lyra pointed at the ball before pointing at Lily. Her friend seemed to know what she was saying and unrolled the parchment. Her green eyes swept over the content and a blush appeared on her cheeks. As fast as she could, she wrote a reply and threw it back to Lyra.

I was not!

Lyra sighed and wrote:

Yeah, you were. It was kind of obvious. Do you like him?

What! No!

You certain?

Yes . . . maybe . . . I don't know!

. . . You don't know?

At that moment, the bell rang and Lily jumped up. Lyra followed pursuit but when she turned around to face her friend, she noticed she had already disappeared from view.

Apparently it had been a sensitive subject.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

IT TOOK LYRA a couple of hours to finally find Lily. She had hidden herself so exceptionally well in one of the empty classrooms on the seventh floor, that when Lyra found her, she was breathing heavily because of all the stairs she had to climb.

"Merlin, Lily, please hide somewhere where I don't have to take thousands of steps—" she broke off as she saw Lily wiping tears from her cheeks. "What's wrong? Is it because of me? Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean it like that. I shouldn't have done it. I'm sorry—"