23 ☑️

Hey guys, new chapter is here along with few others, leading to the end of this book and The Queer as well. But no need to worry, read the author's note after the last chapter - little surprise that I hope you'll like.

Well enjoy :)

___________________________________

They came home hours after they left the town, where Abia spent last few days. Jessie took his wife closer, because he didn't know what to expect from them. "Stay behind me, those little asses may not know where the lines are." He said and opened the door.

Pascal and Paro were waiting by the door. "Welcome back, sir." They said in unison.

Jessie smiled. "Nice to see that you're doing well. Where is everyone else?" He looked around. "Some of them need to understand that some changes have happened."

Men looked at one another. "Some are in their room, one is in your playroom and the rest is mostly in groups all around the place." Paro said.

"Should we get them?" Pascal asked right after.

Jessie nodded. "Let everyone know that there's going to be a meeting in the evening and anyone who dares not to come will be killed right on the spot, no exceptions." They nodded and left without another word. "I'm going to take you to our room and I'm going to the playroom for a while. I realized that I should not be going there, but that little empty head needs to learn his lesson."

Abia nodded. "You're closing. I don't want you to close off completely." She said quietly.

He turned to her and pulled her to his arms. "You have nothing to fear. I have you to help me deal with everything." He kissed her head. "I know that there are better ways of dealing with this, but this is the most effective way - they have to learn that there are lines and crossing them is forbidden. Old Hunters were too soft, I am not." He mumbled to her hair and squeezed her closer to him. "I love you, my beautiful angel."

"Love you too, my little devil." She kissed his cheek. "Now come on. I want to go back to our bed. I'd ask you to stay, so we can start catching up on missing cuddles, but you have work to do." She pulled him to their room.

He picked her up. "You just gave me an idea that allows me to stay here with you, but it puts your purity at risk." He said as he walked. "Now I'm not sure what to do, because I love you for the angel you are, but I want to make you happy and hold you in my arms for as long as I can." He sighed at the end.

"The cuddles can wait, if you want. You can go, I will wait for you." She smiled and laid her head on his shoulder.

He sighed. "Promise me that you won't let anyone in unless I tell you it's me." He looked into her eyes. She nodded and kissed his cheek. "I love you so much." He pulled her for a simple hug. Then he let her go and closed the door behind him. He heard the lock click and he turned to leave, but bumped into someone. "Sorry." He turned to look who he hit and noticed one of the two girls crushing on his sister.

"I'm sorry." She looked down. "It won't happen again, sir."

"It's fine. It was my fault - I wasn't looking." He smiled at her. "You seem to notice people around, maybe you can tell me, why some of them aren't respecting the fact that old Hunters are dead?" He leaned against a wall.

"I don't know, sir. I try to not spend time with them, because usually this comes after they get drunk." She whispered. She wasn't sure what to expect, she thought she disappointed him.

He chuckled. "I'm glad to hear that some of you have grown up into smart people. Now if you excuse me, I have an idiot to take care of." He stood up properly. "Oh, before I leave you. Please, there is no reason to be afraid of me. Unless you go too far, we're good and up until this moment you've been like a model." He patted her shoulder and went to his playroom.