0 - Prologue ☑️

Don't forget to read The Queer before reading this - the origins of the main character are there and you may understand more, if you read that story first

__________________________________

Life can be nice, but not for this little guy. He has been predestined to have life full of trouble. He has someone to keep him company and there's no way to get away from him. They are meant to spend their whole lives together and there's no way to separate them.

Having second personality is not easy for adult. So you can imagine, what he had to go through when he was little kid and how hard it was for him to deal with someone telling him what to do, when to do it. But as if he was the chosen one, he resisted the voice.

For years he didn't know where the voice was coming from, nor why it chose to bug him. But later on he figured it out. That was one of the reasons why his mental state became so adult-ish at such a young age - he had to learn how to be himself only and not let anyone else know of his problem.

Taking care of his own sister in house full of arguments wasn't easy, but he did it anyways. He may have lost freedom that many people have, but he felt the need that didn't quite showed up within their parents. He wanted to give his sister something that he never got their parents - love, respect, care, support and encouragement to be and do what he wanted.

Couple of years later he met the only person with similar characteristics - mentally older, quiet, friendly. He didn't know if she had the same problem as he did, yet he let her get close. Without any of them realizing, she was helping him with his problem.

Over ten years later, she decided to let him go. She decided that his overprotectivness over his sister was not causing much good anymore and after fighting, she told him to leave.

It struck him so hard, that he could feel time that he had left shortened from years to minutes. He knew that there was no chance of winning this time. So all he asked for was just few more minutes to write a letter for those that are the closest to him.

This is how it went afterwards:

He came home with fear. He felt what was coming and he wasn't sure of what he could possibly do about it. All he hoped for was that his feeling won't be the problem that will bring him down.

His girlfriend broke up with him half hour ago and he felt that he lost something that was helping him for years. It was helping him fight what was coming from the deepest and darkest place he knew. It was about to shove him in the place where he held it till this very day. He will experience what it was experiencing since the beginning.

"Hello there. You should be Bryce, am I right?" some woman, which seemed to be few years older than his adoptive mom, asked. She didn't seem to be nice, but he could care less.

He looked around and his mom was sitting on the sofa. Everyone could see that her comfort was just her pretending. "Mom! Are you okay?" he ran to her and knelt down in front of her. She smiled at him sadly. "What did you do to her?" he turned to their guest.

"Nothing. What I do completely matters on my daughter's choice. You took care of her, but it's time for her to come home." she said as if it should be obvious. "Libby has work to do."

"No. Things finally started moving the right way. She may get her chance again, don't take it away from her." he stood up.

"I told her to not get attached, but she didn't listen to me." 'lovely' lady said. Her voice indicated her starting anger. She didn't like that he was not doing what she said. "If you don't let her come with me then you better go pack yourself. I'm leaving with someone and I don't care who it will be." she said sternly.