13 ☑️

Little author's note: I'm so very sorry for happens here.

___________________________________

They woke up at the same time as every other morning and decided to go back to their room. Abia went first and Jessie stayed to make the bed. He was quick, but he wasn't quick enough.

He was done when he heard Abia's scream. He ran after her to check what happened. But what he found wasn't anywhere near what he expected. Abia was shaking in the doorway with tears streaming down her cheeks and hands shaking.

He looked in their room and found Libby covered in blood. He walked over to her to check if she was dead or not. The sad thing he learned when he touched her neck was that she was dead for at least an hour before they got to her. He was fuming. "Abia, go hide in my playroom. Here's the key. Don't listen to the people inside and do not open the door until I will say otherwise. You will hear me." He said and handed her the keys. She ran and she got there unharmed.

He went to the king and queen's bedroom. Mistress Hunt was still there. She was getting ready to go check on her husband. "Well good morning to you too." She smiled at him. "I heard you were the one calling for help."

"Well he's my superior and he's something like my father, so it would be stupid to let him die there. I also managed to safe my wife's life after your husband told innocent boy that he can make him better if he kills Abia. And also my wife has just found dead body of your biological daughter in our bed. My guess is that they thought it was Abia." He said with calm voice. He saw something break inside Janice.

Her eyes filled with tears. "My daughter is dead?" She asked as her knees broke. Jessie quickly got to her and supported her.

"I hate it as much as you do, but yes. Libby was killed by shot to her heart." He said as he helped her to a chair behind her.

She started crying. The news broke part of her. She couldn't believe it. She didn't even get to say hi since she returned. She didn't get to say sorry for what she did back then when Jessie overtook Bryce's body. "Find out who killed my baby and bring them alive to the main hall. I will kill them myself."

"With all my respect to both you and Libby, I don't think that the hall should be stained by such a sin. After all that's the holy place where you personally help mothers bring their children to this world. It's the place where your husband gives all the couples the bond that they live with for the rest of their lives." Jessie said with bowed head. He wanted to be sure to be on Janice's good side.

She nodded. "You're right. Contact me and we will meet outside in the garden. His body will be good source of minerals for the plants. Can you please contact Helen? She deserves to know."

"Of course. I'm sorry I didn't protect her better. I should've done better job." He whispered as he was leaving the room. As he was walking away he heard Janice scream in pain. He understood that it was her way of releasing the pain. He walked to his room. As soon as he walked in his eyes went to the floor. "I am sorry for not letting you leave in peace, my friend, but I was told that I should be the one breaking the news to your family back in Bryce's home."

He believed that those who weren't killed for their mistakes deserved to have a chance to leave the world. He believed that if she was killed in his bed, then it became hers and for her peaceful leaving nobody can ever use it again. He wanted to give her what she deserved after her fight for freedom - she deserved to have her freedom without being interrupted by anything or anyone.

He took her phone and wrote down Helen's phone number. He quickly left his room and closed the door. "What are you hiding in there?" One of the neighbors came up to him.