8

D'Evils ~ SiR (*)

This is going to be my longest chapter yet.
Kinda excited. :)

••••••
Two Weeks Later
Rayne ~~

"I want a croissant."

I roll my eyes for the millionth time today. It's not even noon, and Arden has managed to annoy me more than usual so far. "You don't need one. We already ate breakfast, I'm getting more beer and more of your pussy ass wine. That's it."

He looks like a child who's just been devoid of chocolate for the rest of his life. "But I want one! Gray's has the best croissants ever! Please get me one please." He places his hands together and begs me.

I stare at him like the pesky child he is. "Fine. But you better have that new lead I told you about by the time I get back. Remember, Lucas Graves was the guys name we questioned. He had two other guys that were helping him. I want them both." I point an authoritative finger at him and he puts his hands up.

"Yea yea I got it. I'm close, don't worry." He tells me.

"Mhm, you better be." I grab my jacket and go to head out. I stop and turn around one last time. "And Arden?" I yell out to him after he disappeared upstairs.

"Yea?" He shouts back to me from his computer lab.

"You're a pussy!" I cup my hands around my mouth and draw the last word out.

"Fuck you! You're uncultured!" He draws his last word out the same way I did, and I'm still laughing to myself when I close the door behind me.

The liquor store and Gray's cafe are both only a miles walk away, so I don't take my bike. I could use a nice walk through the Chicago streets anyway. It's been since I got my last tattoo that I've been out walking. I usually do it all the time, it's a good way for me to clear my head.

Especially this time of the day, when the sun is in the perfect spot in the sky and the weather is at its best. The streets are busy enough to where I don't ever look suspicious to anyone, but they aren't so busy that I want to fight people for being too close.

I've got anger issues and I hate people. Those two things don't really mix well in Chicago for me when it's busy.

I text Arden and let him know that I'm walking, so it'll take longer. To which he responded with the middle finger emoji.

Childish.

About twenty-five minutes later I've got my twelve pack of beer and Ardens wine and am leaving the liquor store. I'm lucky that I know the guy who works in there or else I'd have to add liquor to the list of shit I steal.

The guy I know is a sweet older man named Allen, who's an alcoholic and drug addict, but still sweet. I can't say anything though because I'm right up there with him. Plus, I always hook him up with some weed and coke that I get myself, so that's part of the reason that he lets me buy alcohol illegally.

I walk down the block and cross the street. It takes me two more minutes to reach Gray's, but I can smell it before I see it. Arden and I love this place, I always stop by and pick us something up when I'm passing by. The only reason I didn't want to today was because we had already ate, and I brought money just for alcohol.

I decide to be the good friend that I am though and use some of my own money to buy him a stupid croissant and my own chocolate donut. Which I will be finishing before I get back so he won't say shit about it.