27

Shadow Preachers ~ Sleeping With Sirens

**you can play the song whenever
••••••
Rayne ~

Harry fucking Styles.

Gang leader, grungy club owner, killer. But....a sweetheart nonetheless.

Someone whose exterior is so dark and tense and malicious, also has such a beautiful interior. And the fact that he only shows me that side of him literally takes my breath away.

My mother taught me when I was young to always try and see the beauty of someones interior personality. She taught me that people sometimes like to keep that true part of them hidden because they usually would rather be the exact opposite. But she always said that regardless of the masks people wear, whatever their interior is made of is the most precious. Whether it's a fucked up soul or a kind one, every single one has the possibility of being valuable.

The touching words of the late Belinda Hunter. Before I could ever relate to them, I was shoving them into the "important memories" compartment inside of my brain. Never would I allow myself to forget them.

It's coming in handy to this day, because now I've got a little handful of people in my fucked up life that I've begun to care about. And all of them have been through a lot of bad shit, some worse than others. But each and everyday I'm getting to see more behind the masks they wear daily. Just by hanging around Arden, Harry, Tate, and Garrett all the time I am learning so much about who they truly are. And if it wasn't for my mother, I wouldn't understand how crucial it is to cherish the rare and raw moments I get with them. Because it is in those moments that I get a glimpse of their true colors.

True colors can be eye-opening and beautiful. In my eyes though, that only depends on if you're actually a good person.

I know my boys are all good people. I don't care how many people they've killed, apart from Arden, because I know that they don't necessarily enjoy it. They do it because they believe the end goal they will achieve by doing it is the right thing for this world.

I don't condone murder, I just can't. I don't really condone torture either, despite me doing it constantly. But, we all just want him gone. We don't have to be God to understand that he's a parasite to this world.

He's gonna fucking destroy it.

So because we all agree on that, I know that their side hobbies of murder and torture aren't coming from an evil place. Mine aren't either.

The reason I'm saying all of this is because I understand how the world sometimes looks at people like the five of us. They only see what we want them to see, which is a bunch of fucking angry, revenge drunk assassins.

But we get to see pieces of who we really are when we're around each other. The comfort I know we all feel to do it is a good feeling, and it's all because of the fact we understand that who we are on the inside is the best part of us. We trust each other to show those parts to each other and it makes us feel good.

Or, you know, that's at least how I feel.

It's weird to think that over a month ago, Tate, Garrett and I were fucking beating each other up, but now I've trusted them enough to invite them into Arden and I's home. Our home that is kept secret from the rest of the world.

Yesterday, before I saw Keegan and Micah for the first time in over a year, all five of us were here at the warehouse together for the first time. Before all of that shit went down, we were really having a good time.

Garrett and I bonded over a little shooting competition, and when we came back down Tate, Harry, and Arden were watching tv and laughing together. Me and Garrett joined for a little bit before Harry and I went to get lunch. On our walk we got even closer through our shared thoughts and then....yea.