9

You Should See Me in a Crown ~ Billie Eilish (*)

This is part one of the two ball chapters. I planned on making them one whole chapter, but it was going to end up being way too long.

So brace yourselves, but don't buckle up or it won't be as wild and fun of a ride.

!!SPLIT PERSPECTIVE!!

••••••
Harry~~

"Don't fucking ask me again. I said I don't know." I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

Tate and Garrett have spent the entire morning thinking it was funny to interrogate me about what happened last night with Rayne.

They knew where I was going, because I never lie to them and vice versa. But because they know where I took her, they now won't stop picking on me and questioning me. I've heard them ask me why I did it over and over again, and I keep telling them that I don't fucking know. And it's true.

I really don't know what came over me or what I was thinking when asking her to let me take her somewhere last night. The words came out before I could stop them though, and when she ended up saying yes I knew I was done for. I knew there was no backing out.

I hadn't expected her to say yes, but she did. And it made me feel fucking warm.

I don't want to feel warm. I don't want to be all smiley and cheesy and I certainly don't want to be an open book. Which is what I was being by confessing my thoughts about living to her last night.

And then I go and take a picture of her when she's not looking.

Like what the fuck?

I don't fucking do that shit. I never have, and didn't plan on starting anytime soon. But last night, watching her as she looked out over the city smoking a cigarette and looking like a contradicting sinful angel, I just had to take a picture. I didn't want to forget how she looked.

And that's why I'm so fucking confused. I don't know why I did all of that last night. I'll probably never know, but it doesn't matter. We won't be seeing each other anymore.

I have a feeling that she's thinking the same thing as I am. Especially after how strange I acted after we walked the ledge.

Fucking Christ I almost kissed her.

I had her face in my hands and I was looking so deep into her beautiful fucking eyes, and I got lost. Even if it was just for a moment. I'm actually surprised I found my way out and came to my senses before I did something we'd both regret.

I could tell by the look on her face that she was just as conflicted as I was though. Which helps me feel a little better. But one thing I know for sure is that she won't want to see me again. I know because we're more alike than we think, and staying away is exactly what I'm going to do. It's dangerous to be around her, and I know she knows it too.

Back to the present though, Tate and Garrett keep pushing me for answers, and I'm not having it anymore.

"Ok ok, we'll stop. For now. But you gotta admit how unlike you that is." Garrett sits across the table from me with his arms crossed, Tate to his right.