Week 33

Hello, lovelies!

Welcome back to another week at BUBC!
I apologize for my absence this past week. I got my wisdom teeth taken out and was WAY too hopped up on pain-killers to sit at my computer and write coherent sentences. 

I return to you pain-free (-4 teeth). 
:D

That aside, I hope you all spent a happy Valentine's Day with loved ones and maybe even had some sweets. 

Remember that next week is the last week of the month!
I'll be picking one of you as Bookworm of the Month so be sure to turn in your assignments on time and to work hard on those reviews! ;)

________________________________

This week's pairs:

amansrose (A Deadly Game) - amymarshmallow (The Princess Hex)

RogueWriter55 (The Clearing) - spelunkadunk (The Claimed: Rashika's Revenge)

BlameSaiki (Those Who Struggle) - captaindekirk (Blue On Blue)

crazykotsyf (In Lucem) - Shvaenyxx (Since)

vinnie_kash (Seeing Through Selena) - cremedelaoreo (It Started At Camp)

Aphrodite_Nova (Institute of Salvation) - Tuffybrown (Why Me)

coffee_doodles (the london eye) - FranklinBarnes (You Must Remember This)

1234jiana (The Necklace) - stillthesupremo (Shattered)

________________________________

Question of the Week:

Was the genre of the story well represented throughout the chapters? If yes, then mention a scene where you felt it was best represented. If not, what kind of genre did you think of while reading and why?

Genres

I like to think that books can hold many sub-genres within them. There could be romance within its pages, some mystery, some action, etc.

However, a book needs a main genre. Especially if you plan to publish or market your book, it's good to have a main theme throughout it (defined by your genre), so the reader knows what to expect all throughout.

There're many book genres (and sub-genres) in which you could categorize their book.
The more popular ones being: mystery, action, romance, horror, fantasy, and adventure. It's important to recognize their traits, so you can properly place your book in one of them. 

I found this awesome article this week that breaks down the different genres and their sub-genres in an easy, "quick-to-understand" way. If you're not sure your book is in the right genre, or have doubts on how to answer the Question of the Week, be sure to check it out:

https://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-genre.html

________________________________

Remember that after reading and commenting on the 3 chapters of your fellow bookworm, you have to let me know you're finished, in the comment section of THIS chapter.

And answer the question of the week.

Until next Monday, bookworms!

- l i a n n -