Week 21

Hello, lovelies!

Welcome to Week 21 at BUBC! 
*cue dance music*

REMINDERNext week is Bookworm of the Month, so be sure to turn in your assignments on time for a chance at getting chosen :D

REMINDER
Next week is Bookworm of the Month, so be sure to turn in your assignments on time for a chance at getting chosen :D

____________________________

This week's pairs:

1. neonkiwiii (A Single Rose) - LatishaJahoor (Killer Love)

2. amansrose (A Deadly Game) - _shikato_ (Pheonix Queen)

3. RogueWriter55 (The Clearing) - zalayell (Two Ears & Heart)

4. BlameSaiki (Those Who Struggle) - Allison_Hei (Erase & Rewind)

5. spelunkadunk (The Claimed) - crazykotsyf (In Lucem)

6. captaindekirk (Blue On Blue) - amrodriguez007 (Lightning's Retribution)

7. fina900 (Lara) - Bite_da_Bullet (Stay Where You Are)

8. Ms_willow (Line Of The Edge) - vinnie_kash (Seeing Through Selena)

9. skyblue10110 (Accidentally Saving the World) - Aphrodite_Nova (Institute Of Salvation)

10. liann_aixa (Izoven: Song Of Fire) - amymarshmallow (The Princess Hex)

_____________________________

Question of the Week:

On a scale of 1-10, rate your partner's descriptions. Do they create a fresh visual? Does it flow well with the narration or does it feel forced? Do they pay attention to setting as well as the characters?

For those who've been paired together before:
Did you notice a change from the first chapters you read?

We're back to basics this week!

This'll be a good exercise to do every once in a while to see how consistent the writing style is. The first few chapters tend to be the strongest because they're the most critiqued and proof-checked, but let's make sure those following chapters are just as strong!

So, let's refresh . . .
How do you write good descriptions?

1. Engage the reader's senses.
Remember to engage all 5 senses throughout your writing for a more engaging feel. 

2. Use figurative language.
Metaphors, similes, onomatopoeia, personification, and all sortsa stuff can be used to write descriptions in a fun, fresh way. Make use of them.
(Check out past BUBC chapters for a refresher in Metaphor VS Simile).

3. SHOW, don't tell.
I mean . . . 'nough said, right?
This one tip has been told and retold a dozen times, but if you'd like a more in-depth explanation, I suggest taking a gander at past BUBC weeks where I explain it further. 

Here's a link where you can find some more tips and examples about writing powerful descriptions:

https://litreactor.com/columns/writing-powerful-descriptions

______________________________

Remember that after reading and commenting on the 3 chapters of your fellow bookworm, you have to let me know you're finished, in the comment section of THIS chapter.

And answer the question of the week.

Until next Monday, bookworms!

- l i a n n -