Week 15

Hey, lovelies!

Welcome to Week 15! 

Hope you have a great week reading new stories and getting some feedback! <3

___________________________________

This week's pairs:

1. neonkiwiii (A Man's Rose) - amymarshmallow (The Princess Hex)

2. 8light9 (Look for the Light) - amansrose (A Deadly Game) 

3. _shikato_ (The Pheonix Queen) - fera_somnia (Playing Dirty)

4. fina900 (Lara) - sarahsarasarita (Kingsblade)

5. LatishaJahoor (Killer Love) - Bite_da_Bullet (Stay Where You Are)

6. Allison_Hei (Erase & Rewind) - RogueWriter55 (The Clearing)

7. Ms_willow (The Purge) - zalayell (Two Ears & a Heart)

8. summerlayar1 (Child of Fear) EmeraldGoldMe (Affinity)

9. marieleone (Memories) - immortal_eve4 (The Wicked Rose)

10. Moonlight44567 (The Blue Flames) - notcarriebradshaw (five years later)

11. amrodriguez007 (Lightning's Retribution) - BlameSaiki (Those Who Struggle)

12. crazykotsyf (In Lucem) - captaindekirk (Blue On Blue)

____________________________

Before getting to the QOTW, a big thanks to BlameSaiki for taking the time to send me a buttload of possible questions for BUBC. It's a big help! ^-^
And just a reminder to the other members to feel free to comment any possible questions you might want me to discuss here OR send them to my DMs if you want. <3

Question of the Week:

What do you think about the setting of the story? Is it appropriate? Well done? Are there any locations mentioned in the book that you'd like to visit?

Let's talk 'bout Setting!

Setting is the time and location a story is set in. Whether it's a fantasy kingdom or a small town in Connecticut, a story should have a clear location or time period to situate the reader in so they have a clear visual of the scenes. Otherwise, you create the undesired effect of "talking heads in an empty white room" as this week's article states. 

So, what makes a great setting?

- Add something interesting. 
Think of the most interesting place a scene could take place in. If it's meant to take place in a more mundane set, then add small, interesting details to your imagery to keep the setting dynamic. 

- Establish a constant theme
Another way to keep the setting interesting is to establish a pattern with your descriptions. Paying attention to certain details can make the reader interested, and it can give purpose and depth to the scene. 

- Create a Mood
Setting is especially important to establish a story's mood. A horror scene is likely to be scarier in an abandoned asylum or a dark street, rather than in a sunny park or a pretty garden. Use the setting to your advantage and establish a location that evokes more emotion from your reader.

To read some examples or learn more about these tips in-depth, read the following link:
https://www.thecreativepenn.com/2018/04/13/write-better-settings/

_____________________________

Remember that after reading and commenting on the 3 chapters of your fellow bookworm, you have to let me know you're finished, in the comment section of THIS chapter.

And answer the question of the week.

Until next Sunday, bookworms!

- l i a n n -