Week 23

Hello, lovelies!

Welcome to Week 23 at BUBC!

I apologize for not being able to update, but elections week was mega-crazy for work. I figured it'd be best that I put this on pause. 

But, we're back and ready to dive into some stories!

As always feel free to drop your suggestions for the club and/or the Question of the Week here--->(or just PM me if you'd prefer it)

and/or the Question of the Week here--->
(or just PM me if you'd prefer it)

__________________________

This week's pairs:

amansrose (A Deadly Game) - Ms_willow (Line Of The Edge)

_shikato_ (The Pheonix Queen) - BlameSaiki (Those Who Struggle)

RogueWriter55 (The Clearing) - amrodriguez007 (Lightning's Retribution)

zalayell (Two Ears & a Heart) - ahanstasia (Rhapsodies and Relays)

captaindekirk (Blue on Blue) - spelunkadunk (The Claimed)

skyblue10110 (Accidentally Saving the World) - Bite_da_Bullet (Stay Where You Are)

Allison_Hei (Erase & Rewind) - amymarshmallow (The Princess Hex)

fina900 (Lara) - tiedieday (The Darkest Witch)

vinnie_kash (Seeing Through Selena) - crazykotsyf (In Lucem)

Aphrodite_Nova (Institute of Salvation) - beautifulpoetic_ (Better Not Fall)

SerenistJaems (The Flower Whisperer) - YashBhatt123 (Tales of Cobardon)

________________________

Question of the Week:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how engaging was the story?
Did it keep your attention or was the pace a bit lagging? Was there any filler content? What would you change or improve to make the story more engaging?

Engagement.

A super-duper important word if your goal is to establish a nice audience. If your readers aren't engaged throughout your writing, they probably won't continue reading.

What will keep your reader engaged? 
Engagement depends on several factors:

- Pacing 
The pace at which the plot develops throughout your chapters or the pace at which the events unfold within a chapter. 

- Showing / Not Telling
Make sure your prose contains immersive imagery and literary devices to give the reader a fresh, clear view of the scenes. 

- Writing Style
This is a more subjective one, but still important nonetheless. It's important to practice your craft so your writing is consistent throughout your chapters. The balance between description and dialogue, the way you describe setting and characters, and the way you pace a story are all important elements to your writing style. 
Keep practicing 'till you feel this is consistent!

____________________________

Remember that after reading and commenting on the 3 chapters of your fellow bookworm, you have to let me know you're finished, in the comment section of THIS chapter.

And answer the question of the week.

Until next Monday, bookworms!

- l i a n n -