Week 12

Hello, lovelies!

Welcome to Week 12 of BUBC!
Hope you're all staying safe and staying HEALTHY. <3

Remember to wash your hands and practice safe distancing
(cries in social isolation). 

__________________________

This week's pairs:

1. liann_aixa (Izoven: Song of Fire) - Ms_willow (The Purge)

2. neonkiwiii (A Single Rose) - softyhartz (Highway of Lights)

3. amansrose (A Deadly Game) - beechtreemadness (A Different Ending)

4. ChristinaAnnRiley (Sister Zone) - Allison_Hei (Erase & Rewind)

5. TheresNo_Rush (Serpent's Daughter) - amrodriguez007 (Lightning's Retribution)

6. phoebeconrey (Set In Stone) - Moonlight44567 (The Blue Flames)

7. _shikato_ (The Pheonix Queen) - pinkiriss (Feminine Secrets)

8. sarahsarasarita (Kingsblade) - zalayell (Two Ears & a Heart)

9. LatishaJahoor (Killer Love) - spelunkadunk (The Claimed)

10. RogueWriter55 (The Clearing) - BlameSaiki (Those Who Struggle)

11. EmeraldGoldMe (Affinity) - ily_ari_grande (Discover Soulmate)

12. ThatParanormalWolf (Light In The Wolf) Bite_da_Bullet (Stay Where You Are)

13. captaindekirk (Blue on Blue) - immortal_eve4 (The Wicked Rose)

___________________

Question of the Week:

If one scene, dialogue, or description could be omitted, which one would it be and why?
(Thanks to spelunkadunk for the question ^-^). 

We've talked about A LOT of writing techniques, DOs, and DO NOTs. So, this is a good moment to sum up all that we've learned and figure out how it affects certain scenes of our partner's story. 

Sometimes, as readers, our attention falters during certain scenes or chapters. We've learned enough to know that this could be due to:

- Pacing (the way the plot develops).

- Characterization (Maybe the characters need to be more rounded or they're a bit cliche). 

- Showing/Telling (The narration could be more natural or descriptive).

- Lack of imagery/literary devices (the frosting on top of your prose to keep the reader immersed). 

If you find that a scene falls into any of these categories, point it out!

This is a good place to put our critiquing skills to the test. So, this week I'm going to add an extra challenge. Let's try to write a comment with 500+ words. 

If you don't think any scene could be omitted or improved, then be more descriptive about what you DO like or a scene in particular that you loved. 

_____________________________

Remember that after reading and commenting on the 3 chapters of your fellow bookworm, you have to let me know you're finished, in the comment section of THIS chapter.

And answer the question of the week.

Until next Sunday, bookworms!

- l i a n n -