Week 4

Hello, lovelies! 

Welcome to Week 4 at BUBC! We've been here for a month now! *happy dance*

THAT MEANS we'll be picking the Bookworm of the Month next week!

One lucky member will have their book read and commented on by all the members. Work hard to complete your assignments on time to get chosen :D

This week we have an odd number of members, so I'll sit this one out T_T

************************

This week's pairs:

1. LillianHoffer (Reveille, The Hybrid Disasters Book One) - LatishaJahoor (Killer Love)

2. phoebeconrey (Set In Stone)- zalayell (Two Ears & a Heart)

3. amansrose (A Deadly Game) - RogueWriter55 (The Clearing)

4. Nostxlgia14 (Stay In The Shadows) - Fantasyforlife20 (The Trouble with baby Sophie)

5. sarahsarasarita (Kingsblade)- zoratae (Solarise)

6. _shikato_ (The Pheonix Queen) - xhoneybee23 (Oh Anna)

7. LautheReader21 (Black Widow) - TheresNo_Rush (Serpent's Daughter)

8. ChristinaAnnRiley (Sister Zone) - Blackfire33 (A Girl In An All Boys School)

*******************

Question of the Week:

On a scale of 1-10 how was your partner's dialogue? Did it feel natural? Did it flow well? Did it blend in well with the prose? Was it grammatically correct (punctuation-wise)?

"Let's talk about dialogue!" exclaimed Liann. 

I've been doing a lot of critiques lately and one recurring problem I see is dialogue punctuation errors. So, we're going back to basics this week! I'm gonna put a little, teeny-weeny crash-course in this chapter on how to properly punctuate your dialogue. 

BUT! Here's a website that explains everything in-depth --->
https://litreactor.com/columns/talk-it-out-how-to-punctuate-dialogue-in-your-prose (I'll post it in the comments so you can copy and paste)

There can be two parts to dialogue. A dialogue tag (said, exclaimed, stated, yelled, whispered, etc.) and the dialogue line (what the character says). 

The dialogue line can go all by itself and it's no problem, but if you write a dialogue tag before or afterward, they must be united by a comma. For example,

"I like pizza," Papa John stated. 

Little Ceasar slammed a fist on the table and yelled, "Pizza! Pizza!"

When the dialogue ends in an exclamation/question mark, the dialogue tag must begin lower-cased, like:

"Trix are for kids!" exclaimed the rabbit.

"But aren't we all kids at heart?" asked Liann.

Might've been hungry when I wrote this, but I hope it's helpful! <3

*********************************

Remember that after reading and commenting on the 3 chapters of your fellow bookworm, you have to let me know you're finished, in the comment section of THIS chapter. And answer the question of the week.

Until next Sunday, bookworms!

~ l i a n n ~