Week 3

Hello, lovelies! 

Welcome to Week 3 at BUBC! First a warm welcome to all new members! 

Secondly, I'm very excited to pass out the BUBC member badges to those who successfully completed the 3 weeks! You don't have to use them, but it's just a way of saying thanks for sticking around! <3

And, lastly, a REMINDER!
If at any moment you are unable to continue in the club or just don't want to do the weekly reviews, please notify me instead of disappearing. It's very rude and unfair to the members who do their part to read and comment on your story. :(

We're 2 weeks away from Bookworm of the month, so be sure to do your part to get chosen! <3

******************************

This week's pairs:

1. liann_aixa (Izoven: Song of Fire) amansrose (A Deadly Game)

2. LillianHoffer (Reveille, The Hybrid Disasters Book One) xhoneybee23 (Oh Anna)

3. Nostxlgia14 (Stay In The Shadows) - zoratae (Be my parents?)

4. TheresNo_Rush (Serpent's Daughter) - LatishaJahoor (Killer Love)

5. _shikato_ (The Pheonix Queen) - RogueWriter55 (The Clearing)

6. LautheReader21 (Black Widow) - ChristinaAnnRiley (Sister Zone)

7. Blackfire33 (A Girl In An All Boys School) - oliverraysolomon (Visions of a Dark Future)

8. sarahsarasarita (Kingsblade) - phoebeconrey (Set In Stone)

I know some of you like doing critiques and read-4-reads, so it's probable that at some point you'll be paired with someone whose book you've already read. If that's the case, try to: 

1. Read 3 more chapters. 
or

2. If they don't have more chapters, then just answer the QOTW.

******************************

Question of the Week:

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your partner's descriptions? What could be improved, if anything? What was your favorite description?

Let's talk about description!

Description is a vital part to storytelling. It's our way of letting the reader know what the character's surroundings are like, so they can imagine what we imagine. 

Without it, the setting, tone, feel, and appearance of our world is left for the reader to make up. If we leave it all up to them, it's likely they won't connect with the story and characters as they should and it won't leave a lasting impact. 

Keep in mind that each writer has their own narrative style. The way I describe my world, may not necessarily be similar to how you describe it. Some people are more detailed, some aren't. Neither is necessarily right or wrong, but I believe there's always room for constructive criticism and improvement, regardless of your style. 

Try to get a good grasp of your partner's writing style before answering the question.

******************************

Remember that after reading and commenting on the 3 chapters of your fellow bookworm, you have to let me know you're finished, in the comment section of THIS chapter. And answer the question of the week.

Until next Sunday, bookworms!

~ l i a n n ~