How It Works

Hi! I'm Liann, the book club creator and organizer. 

A few years back I did a book club here on Wattpad, and I thought it was about time I revived it. It's fun, effective, and you learn a lot along the way! 

How does it work?

Every Monday, you'll be paired up with a member to read their submitted story. 

You will have to read 3 chapters (NO LESS) of their story. When you're done, leave a comment on their story saying what you liked or didn't like. Make sure the comment is HONEST AND THOUGHTFUL. 

Examples of good, constructive comments:

"I felt like the pacing here was rather slow in the middle of this action scene."

"The start was strong, but the dialogue seemed off here, maybe read it aloud to see if it seems natural."

"Pay attention to grammar, I feel like that's your weak point, but your prose is on point."

Examples of not-very-useful comments:

"Great story!"

"Wow!"

"This was a good read. Bye!"

I'm not saying those are bad comments, you can comment that in their story later on if you really feel like it, but a big part of this book is getting better at writing, and those type of comments aren't very constructive. If you can't find anything to fix, then be a little more descriptive of what you liked. 

I will also be posting a QUESTION OF THE WEEK, regarding your partner's story. Once you're done reading and commenting, come back to this book, say you're done, and answer the question in the respective week. ALWAYS LET ME KNOW YOU FINISHED READING AND COMMENTING. (I'm not psychic ya' know)

ONCE A MONTH, we'll be picking one member as the EPIC BOOKWORM of the Month. For that week, we'll be reading the chosen members' book, and reading and commenting on their story, instead of being in pairs. 

PLUS, as an official bookworm, you get the chance to get a badge for your profile banner or story cover! If you've completed the assignments for three straight weeks, you can request me for the link to download it. :)

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, check out the rules and apply in the next chapter!