Week 13

Hey, lovelies! 

Welcome to Week 13 at BUBC. I'd like to give a warm welcome to the new members joining us this week. Hope you have fun, learn and make new wattbuds! <3

Next week is Bookworm of the Month! If you haven't gotten any strikes (or more than 3 tardy notices slipped into your PMs) then you're eligible for getting picked! Be sure to finish your assignments on time! <3

_________________________

This week's pairs:

1. liann_aixa (Late Nights, Tutus, and Melon Kisses) - neonkiwiii (A Single Rose)

2. amansrose (A Deadly Game) - notcarriebradshaw (five years later)

3. TheresNo_Rush (Serpent's Daughter) - liann_aixa (Late Nights, Tutus, and Melon Kisses)

4. phoebeconrey (Set In Stone) - summerlayar1 (Child Of Fear)

5. sarahsarasarita (Kingsblade) - amrodriguez007 (Lightning's Retribution)

6. Moonlight44567 (The Blue Flames) - LatishaJahoor (Killer Love)

7. spelunkadunk (The Claimed) - marieleone (Memories)

8. ThatParanormalWolf (Light In the Wolf) - ily_ari_grande (Discover Soulmate)

9. RogueWriter55 (The Clearing) - Ms_willow (The Purge)

10. zalayell (Two Ears  a Heart) - pinkiriss (Femenine Secrets)

 11. Allison_Hei (Erase & Rewind) - EmeraldGoldMe (Affinity)

12. softyhartz (Highway of Lights) - Bite_da_Bullet (Stay Where You Are)

13. immortal_eve4 (The Wicked Rose) -  BlameSaiki (Those Who Struggle)

14. captaindekirk (Blue on Blue) - 8light9 (Look for the Light)

15. ChristinaAnnRiley (Sister Zone) - _shikato  (The Pheonix Queen)

_________________________

Question of the Week:

Did you notice any possible foreshadowing while reading? Did it add to your interest or did it seem a bit expositional and out of place or obvious? What do you think this foreshadowing is leading towards? 

Foreshadowing!!

One of my favorite literary devices. 

Foreshadowing is a sort of warning/indication/hint of something that'll happen later on in the story. You can use this to build suspense and/or to slowly immerse the reader into plot developments. 

Dropping little sprinkles of foreshadowing in your story can make the reader excited for what's to come. 

Foreshadowing can be as subtle as some slight tension between two characters in a romance or a wizard finding a seemingly useless spellbook in a fantasy. It works in every genre so use it to your advantage!

How do you write good foreshadowing?
This week's website made explaining this super easy, 'cause they made this awesome graphic:

How do you write good foreshadowing?This week's website made explaining this super easy, 'cause they made this awesome graphic:

Read more about how to use foreshadowing and see examples here:

https://www.nownovel.com/blog/8-laws-foreshadowing/

_________________________

Remember that after reading and commenting on the 3 chapters of your fellow bookworm, you have to let me know you're finished, in the comment section of THIS chapter.

And answer the question of the week.

Until next Sunday, bookworms!

- l i a n n -