Chapter Six - - Truth be told

Cassandra felt daze. She cannot hold this anger any longer. She cannot take anymore of his words. She just can't. "Leave. ." She said lowly while pointing the door. She's weakening and she can't stand him anymore. She want space, she want time alone , she want to breathe!

"I said leave!!!" She shouted as if it could make all things right for the moment, and she just hope it would.

The man didn't move not even an inch. He just grin at her as if she was telling him some joke.

Why is he so damn heartless?

"you're a coward. .Running and hiding." he move forward, she step backward. "She's not yours. I love her. She love me." He took another forward and she retreated again. She'd never felt so defeated and small all her life except today.

"liar. . Leave!" Weakness overwhelm her but her madness give her enough strength to fight. To stand her ground but He need to go cause she doesn't know how long she can make up this facàde.

"your a stone. .and it doesnt mean that she needs to be one too. You cant love. But she can. She can love and accept the world. Unlike you.." he said in a soft and low yet so shattering voice. Accusations were there, hurt and anger was there and before she realized it she answer him out of her wit.

"I LOVED YOU! So don't say I didn't know how to!!" the words slipped from her mouth unexpectedly. She turn her head, she was foolish to say that. He hate her because of that and that hate was one thing she's very afraid of.

How could she be so foolish?

He fell silent, he look at her grinning again.

He did that a lot now, huh. She mentally noticed.

"loved?" he repeated her word emphasizing the meaning of it. She'd obviously used past tense.

"so was it all that your jealous that's why your hendering us?" he was getting full arrogant and cocky like he was some star being pursued and she didn't like it.

"no. .Im over you." She compose herself, she's over him and thats reality. She's battling for her sister's sake. He cant take her over just like that especially with their nasty past. Its too complicated.

"yeah . .you sounded like one. Besides you should be, your the one who left me remember?"he said with mockery and sarcasm making her feel unsure of what was he really up to.

"I havent forgot one bit." She held her gaze trying not to lose to him despite all the shakings she felt inside.

"hmmm.. .its been like what. .8 years?"

"yes. .and I know you hate me back then. What assurance do I have you're not benting revenge on her? I won't risk it. Not even in the slightest." she give him a serious look. Telling him her exact thoughts.

But the man didn't falter, he just changed expression. He became softer and she dont know.

"I love her.---" he said sincerely---" if she doesn't respect you I would have marry her right now. Right here." She could sense his gaze, his serious tone, his meaning. Every bit, word for word, you could sense it or was he just a good actor? She doesn't know either.

She gulped. Could it be? Was it possible? Do he really do? Can he really be in love with her sister? And why does the thought seem impossible for her?

"Im marrying her because I love her. And her alone. .don't get in the way. ...if you want any forgiveness."

Cassandra suddenly laugh sarcastically at his last remark, so hard that he got himself so puzzled.

"I dont want your forgiveness. I want my sister. .and if Ill do it again, I wont change any. She's my life. .now get out!"

He look at her trying to figure her out then walk slowly towards the door but his resolve is something someone can't just forget overnight.

"She's someone im so willing to fight Cattey. .I love her. Remember that." He left her there, with his words clinging to her head like it would stuck there forever. His eyes and the way he solemnly look at her is something too that she's pretty sure she wouldn't forget. She had seen that look before, that kind of determination when he always wanted something, yet that something was a thing she couldn't risk.

Emme could marry yes, but to him? To someone she knew she had hurt badly before? She wasn't too sure.

She was not sure herself to either believe him, his intentions and love or not. It was too risky, too complicated, too messy and then it click, Cattey. He used to call her Cattey instead of Cass or Cassey. He like calling her with that name before. Something has its origin and he would not cease calling her like that ever since.

She sigh. Now she really find it hard to believe him. Could he be just teasing her? Curse him. She hate him. No. She loathe him. Why do he needed to come back after all this years? And why of all people he would love her only sister?

Is he here to take everything she have away?

His words. His face. His stance. Everything before he left was here. In her head and in her heart then she found herself aching for an unknown feeling.

The question is what and why?