Chapter twenty six - - at peace

Cassandra.

I woke up in a familiar cottage, almost the same with mine except a man's scent is lingering the place. I move and find myself embracing Jem and then last nights even came flooding in.

I felt happy and relieved. I thought I was just dreaming, but having Jem embracing me too while protecting me in this world makes my heart dance as a life with him came in.

I could sleep and wake up in his arms everday, he'd be the first and last face I saw and I knew I'll be happy.

"Hmmm. ."I feel a smile forming in my lips as I feel him tighten his embrace. I could feel his breath in my head and his lips on my forehead as he give me a soft peck. "Good morning." He sleepily greeted.

"morning." I replied with a sheepish grin. "How did we get here?"

"Hmmm. .I haven't tell you have I?" he said still sleeping but in a very serious tone that would make you think his up to revealing his deepest secret. Grinning, I shook my head in his chest hoping both to answer him in his question and to fully wake him up as I know he had soft spots on his chest. He chuckle in response and I can't help but smile more as his laugh played like a melody in my ears. " Well. ." He said fully awake. "I have powers to transport. Especially when Im asleep."

I roll my eyeballs at him. Ha! I thought his serious!

"What? You don't believe me?" He asked almost serious.

"obviously." I said.

He chuckle again and give me a soft peck in my forehead. "So if we didn't transport how do you think we could have ended here?" He said challenging my reasoning.

So? His up to defending his whatever trick huh. I grin. Let's see how he can hold that on.

"Ofcourse you brought me here. You must have carried me while Im asleep!"

"Uh-uh? And how certain are you for that? I might have forgotten my keys here besides I was in deep sleep so I really don't think I could have sleep walk here while carrying you. Sounds crazy to me." He said trying to hide his grin and making a straight face whenever he explain something, except I knew him and how easily he cracks.

"you liar. .if you call yourself sleep walking while carrying me then carry on with that foolish and wild thought of yours. But forget not that if you happen to forget your keys when you went outside how possible on earth would you return in your cottage at dawn? Aah. You wouldn't sleep in the grass!"

"Well. .you have your keys! Atleast thats a fact so I could slept in your room!" He defended.

Shaking my head in desperation, looks like Jem's artistic ideas are at heights that its impossible to crack him. "Whatever." I said resigning.

He laugh at my response and in disbelief. "Wow. Did I just made you surrender in an argument?" He said very amused that I could see his eyes sparkling.

"No. I did not. Cause there is really no argument in the first place." I defended.

"Aaahh. Lame. .There is. You just don't want to admit defeat." He said teasingly which I almost feared. Oh no. I don't really think something good is going to happen especially if those pair of playful eyes are warning me for something.

"No."I said trying to dissuade him."Jem. No." I almost inched myself away from him unfortonately he has stronger and longer limbs catching me easily. And with me being nearby, he proceeded with his torture method. He tickle me on my sides making me teary and defeated. He usually do that whenever he likes teasing me or whenever he wants me to surender or squeal.