Chapter Thirty five -- Worries

The hospitalization was just a start. Cassandra were advised for a series of test and check up and the drill went on for a month making the cancellation of their own wedding. Emily's whereabouts are nowhere near of being distinguished yet. The last report said that she was in some provinces and was left to be determined still. The search were steady but almost futile and backtracking since Emily intentionally keep her tracks as possible.

Cassandra however was fine and full of life except the unusual bruises which before she would just alibi as hormanal imbalance on women or something about hormones and having her monthly visit but as the bruises appeared more and more the alibi wasn't so becoming to Jeremy now. Suspicions were growing over and his keen observation on her just lead him more to worries.

Checking with the doctor as he called for him for an appointment, the doctor was dead serious in his apperance that for a second Jeremy already know the news wouldn't be good this time.

The question is, how worst could it be?

Sitting down on the private yet cozy office of the doctor, Jeremy clamped his hands and rub it absentmindedly on his knees as he await the doctors words.

"Does the patient has some history of accidents? Genetics? Or fights? Have she been recently confined except for the last time she was admitted?" Doctor Rodriguez asked directly at Jeremy as he sits in his desk holding some papers and putted it down again.

Jeremy frown and creased his brow while tapping his anxious feet staring at the doctor whose age he guessed to be more at middle of forties. The man was average but his look and confidence give him roar and authority obviously implying his intelligence.

Blinking for a while reconsidering things and past event Jeremy answers, "Im not pretty sure with genetics sir, but more than two months ago she had a bad fight with her sister. She was a bit beaten but was discharged two days after."

"Well." Doctor Rodriguez said as he put his finger on his lips while thinking and looking at the results laod on his desk then back again at Jeremy. "We haven't really know much of her sickness yet but I believe its just curable. For the meantime I advised her not to be overly stressed. Worked out and to take some vitamins and some iron supplement. We'll call you after we found anything anomalous." He said almost dismissing Jeremy. In his mind is the puzzlement of the patients condition. Her body is futile weak but the patient itself was a fighter, he wonders what could have triggered the event?

Trying to smile as the news weren't really that bad Jeremy stood up shook the good doctors hand and turn his leave.

He was adamant about the news but he know far too well that Cassandra is strong, besides the doctor said its something curable so theres not much really to think about, except ofcourse the worries he feel despite the assurances. He was just afraid of the what ifs.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It was saturday again so Emily wasn't working, doing her lazy day routine she just curled up in her medium sized pastel coloured bed and watched a Chinese series titled Ballad of the dessert. This had been her life now, working and then home and if she's got nothing to do she just usually lock herself inside her room while watching different kind of series she'll find.

She focused on the series, feeling damn for all the tailing and huge responsibility one of the main character faced. Her thoughts run that sometimes being noble and heroic is a huge pain in the ass. Its kinda getting into her that becauae of others welfare, ones own happiness and love were to be freed away. It wasn't right, love and finding someone worth your love is the greatest thing a person could achieve but then again what would a young untested mind like her understand, that even if love is great, others welfare being at stake and being burden by it is no happiness itself. Love may be great but how many people will suffer if ones great responsibility is abandoned?