Chapter twelve-- the consultant

Jeremy? I gaped as the man turn around.

Well, so much for peace and being far from me. Its obviously not happening.

"Cassandra, this is Jeremy our Consultant, from GMV firm. Jeremy this is Cassandra, the company's comptroller and currently under probation for VP- Finance. The project is under her wing." The president introduced as he stood up and walk closer to me.

Jeremy took just three long strides before he reach me and stretch his arms and hands making me reach mine too for a handshake.

Definetely not happening. But it is! Odds weren't really in my favor.

"please to see you again, Cassandra." He said amused while shaking my hand. I was currently trying to fix my system since it went overload at the sight of him but since every part of my life is at stake I would not dare lose.

"pleasure is mine Sir. ." I answered as sweetly as possible, releasing my most treasured and captivating smile which took him by surprise. He even step back a bit with the sight then release my hand abruptly like he was burned by it or something. I mentally clapped for my little victory.

"You knew each other?" The president ask making our duel at its ground, making me to focus into his presence. Definetely I need to be calm and neutral if I don't want to ruin more part of my life.

I inhaled and exhaled slowly so it wont be that obvious.

"Yes. .his my sisters fiance and an acquaintance way back in college." I charmingly said, trying to be casual and nice. My tone as it is had not betrayed me since the president just smile at me while Jeremy is being stoic and silent.

"well. .its best that you two know each other since you will be working hand in hand." He smiled for a while looking at me, making me wonder why I have never see him impatient when oddly he was known to be one. Or was it just my good timing that I haven't seen him in bay of boiling temper. Better yet, I guess I prefer this one, atleast something in my life is not that bad.

Back to our situation, I smile and nodded at his words while Jeremy nodded but almost groaned like protesting but never said a thing. I believe he never like seeing me since the thing I told about him last night. Which ofcourse would not be happening since fate has its unusual way of teasing people.

"So. .lets get going?" The president spoke again making me break my trance. He eventually moved and led the way slightly guiding me. His hands touch my elbow and give me a sly smile. I ignore the act, not playing innocent but I just dont want to presume. His the president anyway, born in a good and etiquetal family, so I guess being a gentleman is inborn to him.

. . . . . . . . .

"we're critically thinking to launch the project by next month. ." I started as when we start eating our lunch.

"Can I ask something?-" Jem said a little shy or maybe thinking. Anyway. I dont care. But before I even answer he already asked. "why is the project under your nose? Shouldn't it be under the marketing?"

So that was bothering him plus he didn't seem to mind my imtroduced topic. I mentally cringed for that but tried my best to be charming. "Im under probation. .and I need to prove myself to the board, though you might think that finance is mainly on numbers and purchases, the project underway is a huge risk. They wanted to know if Im capable to give a good call on the project since finance go hand in hand with the marketing. Besides the marketing had been helping us too. "

He nodded with my answer and then eat again. I slowly ticked my hand in the table waiting for him to start about the project but he was dead silent. The president somehow was just oddly staring at me. Or maybe he had done that a lot before.

"yes sir?--" I asked him but instead of giving answer he just smile at me and eat again. That leaves me wondering if men in todays era was born weird.

I sigh. Looks like I need to let them finish their meal before we seriously get started.

Odds weren't really in my favor. Tsk.