Chapter twenty three - - the talk

Cassandra.

Its been a week since I survived the dread, in fact it has been fine and funny, hearts day become light and comfortable instead of alone and empty. Ariel seems to be full of dating ideas as he burst in the house fully dressed in a usual date outfit. He wore his carnation pink polo shirt and a darkblue jeans paired with the same colored shoes. He even had his haircut. He stylized it in the new fashion hair trends, the sides were almost shaven bare with atleast a few milimeter hair growing while his top were trimmed and waxed. Some of his top hair falls to his forehead making him look younger and very handsome.

I could remember myself smiling at him while I was stuck in the stairs surprised on how he took our date so seriously. It was just supposed to be a charade for Alec and my sister but looking at him I just can't help but be ashamed at my simplicity. He smiled at me with his eyes in glitter with something I can't name then he told me I look beautiful myself which I would so doubt but still muttered a heartful thank you. After that the plan starts to work when before we even take our plight Jem arrive quite surprise to see me and Ariel together but he smile at us as a greeting and remained handsome yet stoic in expression. We exited ofcourse, we don't want them around us so do they want us around them so flying away Ariel and I went to watch a romantic comedy movie first then have our dinner in our favorite resto then we ended up in a park. We talked and watched and laughed, the night was fun and good it makes me feel special and contented as if once I had escape a supposedly dreadful day.

"Hey. ." I snatch back to reality as I hear Emme calling me as she sat beside me with a bucket of popcorn in hand.

"hey. ." I greeted as I pick some barbecued flavored popcorn and stuff it directly in my mouth.

"Your spacing out." She accused me while popping popcorns in her mouth.

"Im just thinking."

"Hmm.  Thinking about who?"

I raised my eyebrow at her.  "Who? Why would you thinks its a who?"

"Uhm. .just a plain guess, I guess." She said excitedly making me form a conclusion that she thinks Im thinking about Ariel that's why she said a who. I mentally shake my head.

"tss. .liar. ."

"Maybe. .but So how are you two going?"

And I was right! " two? Who's the other one?" I said playing innocent and dumb while trying to focus on the movie.

"common. .Kuya Ariel! You two were bff but you never dated on Valentines day before, as in ever."

"Hmmm. ." Wanting to ignore the topic I just focus my attention on the movie while snatching some popcorns without even looking on Emme.

"You've watched that movie like a million times before and yet your watching it again. ."She nag trying to get my attention but the movie is already on my favorite part that I divulge myself too much on it. Yes I watched this movie countless of times before but I always watch it always asking question if second chances really exist but now watching it again and seeing my life I feel that second chances is not for everyone, eapecially not for me.

'Ako nalang sana Popoy, Ako nalang ulit. .Ako nalang.'

Begging for love? I bitterly smile. The heroine just cry and almost beg for him to come back for him to choose her again.

"She's lucky." I muttered to myself knowing that the man may have turn him down at that moment but in the end they still have their own second chances. A happy ending.

Haist. The woman leave the man without even telling him her full issues and reason, the man chased her but in some part stopped as she shown them she's fine and has a lovely job she so wanted. She found herself, her freedom and thought that she's happy until the man came back with a new girl, with a renewed version, and in that struggled moment she realize what she lose. That her freedom and what goes with it is nothing in compared to the man she love and lost.