Chapter Eighteen -- The sad zombie movie

Jeremy.

Days past after our weird conversation with Cass. Both of us seems to avoid the topic and not one had dared talk to Emme about our past. I wasn't ready. I thought I am but I don't know, I suddenly feel coward about saying or spilling the truth though.

Keeping my guilty self away, I treated Emme with our usual routine. She prefers home made food and loves it when I cook for her. She said she find it sexy for a man to cook for his woman. So here I am serving her the delicacies of the night and trying to make every night to be special.

Eatimg with pleasures and satisfaction we agreed that she will wash the dishes since I was the one who cooked for tonight. Then after that we went to our usual spot, which is the couch in front of my tele. We usually watch basketball leagues ,American Series or shows here together but tonight we just decided to watch a zombie marathon.

It was supposed to be scary but for us its very funny. I can't figure out why but I guess its just their face look so stupid. Just saying and no offense meant. Besides they walk so slow but runs so fast, wow. That's just wow. How did they do that? I mean you know from being a snail into a turbo.

We'll we're already in the middle part, where zombies chase and each one of them got so scared and lock themselves for safety. The movie is begining to get intense and I could sense Emme getting serious so I grab her and tickle her which took her off guard.

"i'll eat your brains. ." I even added with a deep husky voice though I don't know if I sounded scary or sexy. But Either way it has the same effect though.

"Oh!--heyyyy..stop it!" She said in between her slaps in my hand and giggling. --" and Zombies don't speak!" she protested.

"im a smart zombie. ." I defended while grinning at her.

"yeah right. ..." she tease then went serious. " but wonder why thus they ate brains?"

"I don't know. ." I shrug. "--Im not a zombie besides you said they can't talk so we can't run an interview from them."

"ha-ha. ." she try to fake a laugh and roll her eyeball. I just laugh at her expression and let go of the topic then I wrap my arms around her and let her stay closer to my side as we resume watching the movie together.

I like this, this part when were just alone spending time, teasing at each other while cuddling, it feels like home and nice.

We continue to watch the movie but as the running got intense I notice that Emme turns so quiet and serious, her eyes werr drifting as if thinking or reminiscing something and her hold suddenly went tigther.

"what's wrong?"

She smile weakly and turn to face me with those wondering eyes of her. She is indeed thinking of something or maybe someone.

"I just remember, everytime me and ate (a-teh) would watch a movie like this or anything about apocalypse or end of the world.." Ate (a-teh) again, I protested silently but chose to ignore or play deaf with the word. ---" she would suddenly hold my hand tight and never let go. Then she would spend the night with me. I always feel her loneliness everytime we watch something like this that's why I don't like it. It makes her feel sad and I don't know why. Its just that sometimes I want to have a power that can read minds so I could read hers."

I just hold her hand and kiss it lightly as I try to console her. Her sister has a huge impact in her life and I need to respect that in everyway possible. Actually in every way tolerable. The thought and the act is pretty hard to maintain.

"Im sorry. .its just that maybe I feel so indebted to her and at the same time afraid that she might think I'll leave her if I marry you. I mean you know. .that feeling of separation and all. I just. .I just don't want her to feel I will abandon her or what."