Chapter Sixteen --- let's talk

..

After the conversation I can't find myself at ease. I just don't know how to drop the bomb to my sister. I just can't say 'oh don't worry. .his first girlfriend was no good. See your better than me in every aspect. Nicer, beautifuler, patienter and honester too.'---there's so many 'er' there and I don't even know if the words even existed but hell. Im panicking with the thought. How could I tell her that his family will get over me someday?' and that his over me. As in M-e. Her sister. There's really no way Im gonna tell her she's competing with my shadow and thats even some eigth years ago. It just sounded so pathetic! She would look so pathetic.

I sigh. My world is turning upside down. What to do? This is crap. I can't even focus on working here. My mind is deep afloat.

I took my phone and look for it for minutes deciding whether to text or not to text. Then I started typing then erase, then type again. Tsk. No words seems right for this. But I need to do this. I need to try.

To: My Sister's Fiance

Cass here. Let's talk.

I press send and wait for a reply. I tried working, 'tried' cause I can't I am uneasy waiting for his response. Sh*tty. I feel sh*tty and all. Urgjh!! Why does it needs to be him? And why the hell is he noy replying??

................

(Jeremy)

Fr: Unknown

Cass here. Let's talk.

It sound like a command and urgent to me but I am not in the mood to fool around her. She annoys me to great extent.  I haven't even forget her words when we talk last time.

I continue working that I almost tottally forgot the message when my phone beep again.

Fr: Unknown

Let's talk.

Sometimes she's too bossy. Tss.

.................

(Cassandra)

After waiting a millenia he atlast did reply!

Fr: My Sister's Fiance

Why? And how did you get my number?

I frown and raise an eyebrow with the message. Tss. Too cocky and too arrogant eh?

To: My Sister's Fiance

For your first question, it is because we need to talk. Obviously. For the second, don't feel too cocky. Your my sister's fiance so she have your number. Not to mention too that your our product consultant. So getting your number is a must or is no wonder at all.

I hit send. This man just seems so full of himself. Ha! Two can play the game.

Fr: My Sister's Fiance

If you were not so blunt, Im asking the reason and urgency of meeting and talking. Im a busy person and Im quiet put out with our project.

Almost angered I type fastly for my reply. I could even feel my phone cracking due to my force. Tss.

To: My sister's Fiance

As for your knowledge Im busy too, your not just the one who's working on that project So make way with your schedule. I can't discuss this over a text message!

I'm losing my temper with this man. He really knows how to get to my nerves.

Fr: My Sister's Fiance

I just can't simply do that. I have a schedule to follow.

I smirk evilly. Really?

To: My Sister's Fiance

If your not so coward to face me, I would really appreciate if you come. If you don't then I'll guess I have the liberty to think that your uneasy with me and my presence and that I maybe right for what I told you the other night.

..................

(Jeremy.)

Another beep. Tss. This girl is annoying, who the hell did she think she is? She's messing my damn schedule!

I lazily open the message and grip the phone tightly. Man as I am, challenge for something like this. Ha! She's too arrogant and full of herself!

To: Annoying

Meet me in Moon Cafe. Now!

I stood up almost automatically, closed my laptop then organize my things before leaving. I personally don't like being messy or seeing a mess. That's why I keep things under control and organized as possible.

A beep again.

Fr: Annoying

Would you be so kind to be more specific, Sir? As for common knowledge, there's a lot of moon cafe's in the country.

Her way of conversing is a little bit amusing, not that I am amuse but because I just remember she's a fanatic of novels especially classics and historical fiction. Sometimes she just like copying the theme.

I shook my head. What am I thinking and reminiscing? Tss. I just know her type and how she likes to write, we've dated more than 2 years before. That's all, there's nothing wrong with that.  Right. Thats just it.

.............

Casssandra.

Fr: My Sister's Fiance

Near our building. Presuming you know were I work since I am your sister's fiance. And if your attentive to the other-othernights conversation you would know where I work especially too that Im working with your company so finding my building address would be too easy.

Uhm. That's new. He texted something long. I bet his pissed, no too much pissed with me right now, that makes the two of us.

I hurriedly reply with annoyance too.

To: My Sister's Fiance

Your presumption is wrong, I already know where you work before.

I pause for a moment and try to rationalize if its the right thing to reply or I should just say 'okay' to end the conversation. I opted for the latter and absentmindedly press when suddenly instead of delete the screen displays 'MESSAGE SENT'! Holy Cow!

I was just referring to it when I saw him in the lobby. I just think it was him and I was right. I don't need to listen over the engagement party to know or to search for the their building since its redundant because I already knew not that I was proud of that but but still I knew it already!

I must be crazy. What if he misunderstood?

Shaking off my head and my negativities I muttered to myself 'bahala na si Batman' which means, what ever will be will be, let things be, whatever happens or come what may.

Was I even coherent? Ugh! Cares.

Standing straight and erect, I put my confident side and tilt my chin. 

Im going to a battle so I need my strength. I held a long breath then a sigh. Well, this is it pancit!

...........

A/N: please make way for allowances. Im typing the story thru phone so there is a lot of typo error plus I dont proof read it so sometimes the phrases maybe grammatically incorrect. ;)

---jhay :)