Chapter twenty eight -- busy.

Cassandra.

A week have deliberately passed and Jem's visitation to our house become so minimal while his appearance on our building seems to becoming alertingly increasing.

"Coffee." I looked up and saw Jem smiling at me while handling me a cup of coffee.

Appreciatively, I smile at him in return and took the coffee from him making me for a while brush his hands. I felt a sudden shock of waves coming in my system making my stupid face blush a little.

He winked at me for that moment and left me after, returning to his post with his talk with the marketing head.

The project is almost completed and were really trying to meet ends as good as possible and Jem's super active participation on the project makes it more interesting not just to me but to other, ahem. .girls on the team as well.

Sometimes I wish I could just smash them with mug and yell at them for their flirtatious acts with my sister's fiance but then again, Im just, never mind.

The day and our busy schedules usually pass by making me forget a lot of things like the up coming engagement, the pending answers to my resume and ofcourse the very present of my very own friend, Ariel who have been busying himself observing me and noticing Jem's sudden closeness to me.

Can't blame him, we parted in range.of world war and come back with what? Im not really pretty sure what to name on our current state.

But ofcourse to make situation worser, Ariel's suspicioun had gotten its toll until today that he really managed to bring me in my office alone cornering me with his stares and question.

"what happened?" He asked too serious giving me the impression that he doesnt want to be lied and left out. Or maybe he had already an idea and just wanted me to say something.

"Nothing." I said denying his unspoken accusation and just tried to rearranged my stuff on my already well arranged desk.

"Are you -- are you back t-together?" I sense hurt in his voice and when I look up at him I saw in his eyes the want of denial. The form of regret and the unspeakable hurt.

I feel my throat dry for a moment knowing I could not lie to him in further knowing he would just know and would make things a lot more complicated itself.

I stood there for a moment thinking for words and explanation but none would really come. I took a deep breath before answering him.

"No." I said and I know in my word is hurt and reality that I too would have want to want him back. "We just settled. .say sorry and become good friends." I gulped with my own word. Good friends. The sound hurts.

Scrutinizing me and my words, he replied. "You can't have him back." He said while holding both my shoulders wanting me to face him.

I snap at him. "And why not??" I know I- -that we shouldn't be but why does he has to say it too? Why is the world so against us?

"Cause his getting married. .to your only sister." His word pierces me knowing that him, my only friend whom I have been relying to is also against us. And his words were like a slap in my face awakening me in my dream.

Taken aback by his own word and harshness Ariel mutters a deep sorry and fled away leaving me astounded.

Drained, I sank back to my seat and wanted to sulk and cry when I hear my door opens and reveal the man whom I have been wanting to keep running away to but keep on staying on my side.

Looking at my desperate state he run to my side and cuddle me there, asking if I am okay and if somethings wrong. I wasn't crying, but my face were pale and in my eyes were emotions of hurt. He knew Im not okay and I wanted to say Im not okay, in fact I so wanted to say  'don't leave me', but how can I? My life were trained and program for the past 15 years to protect my sister, to give her everything as possible and to make her happy. All my life she had been my priority and the only one I always put first, so how can I?

But how can I choose to let go of Jem too when all this time, all this time its been him all along. How can I let go again, when the last time I did my heart almost sank and when he came back he had want my sister's hand in marriage making me face the goddamn truth that I still so want him?

. . . . . . . . . . .   

Emme.

Preparing for the engagement is quiet a hassle. Flowers and invitation but ofcourse I'm doing just fine for it besides I really don't have a choice. My sister's fleeing tactics had delayed enough of our step for my marriage. Jem's parents opted to skip pamamanhikan and just do an engagement party instead since my sister already throw me an informal one so to make it more formal and known, Jem's parents had asked a little bigger engangement. They wanted to invite their relatives and friends and ours too but ofcourse aside from my sister I really have none so in lieu of my missing relatives, my friends and co workers are very much invited.

Im almost satisfied with all the preparations but ofcourse, I want it complete and grand and I want to give Jem a present. Something I knew he'd love. Paintings.

Today, I set up an appointment with an artist seeking for advices and galleries open for a good engagement gifts, luckily she was very attentive and Jolly giving me a lot of wonderful options.

"Hmmmm. ." I said thoughfully as I examine the artwork. The painter had made such a wonderful conveyance of the beach and the sunset with the man and the woman holding their hand in perfect harmony while leaning their heads closer to each other, speaking the terms of love. It was so lovely and such a perfect painting for Jem and I for our engagement. Reminding us of our will to marry and to stay together for the rest of our life.

"You like this one?" Bianca said while touching the displayed art.

"Yes. .I love it." I said nodding and almost in tears. Just three weeks away and our engagement will be held and all preparations are already complete with this beautiful painting.

"Very Nice choice Ma'am. ."

"I know. ." I said in thoughtful manner but had not still depart my eyes from the painting itself. Its just so beautiful, the paint was so lively and emotional. The color of the clouds and the sun were picturesque, while the man in his all white beach wear were looking with the woman with a content smile and love. The woman however is slightly looking up to met his man's gaze with a tear and a smile of love. Their intertwined hands were glowing with a silverlike ring. Their promised of forever. I smile with the thought, so perfect. Its so perfect.

"I'll let you sign some papers Ma'am if you wouldn't mind and then we'll deliver the paintings afterward to your home address."

"Okay. " I just nodded too busy to speak and too excited for my gift.

I just smile proudly there for my little venture and success.

Can't wait for my engagement. Can't wait for Jeremy to see this and can't wait to see his reaction.

This is really is it.