Chapter 13

—Yamato-After placing the sleeping blonde onto the small mattress in the corner of his room Yamato shunshins to the Anbu headquarters

—Yamato-
After placing the sleeping blonde onto the small mattress in the corner of his room Yamato shunshins to the Anbu headquarters. The dark hallways where deadly silent as Yamato walked down the hall towards Danzo's private chamber. As Yamato got closer to the room he could hear Danzo speaking to a strange man with an unnatural deep voice.

Yamato quickly hid his chakra and tried to listen to the conversation. "He has become quite a problem for me. If he was easier to manage I would have placed him in my ROOT to keep him detained until the time was right."

The deeper voice growled, "That wouldn't have been necessary. The villagers help fuel his anger with each passing year drawing him closer to me."

"We will need to keep an eye on the boy if we want to maneuver him the way we want."

"I have already placed an Anbu guard with Wood style to watch him." Replies Danzo.

"I think it will easier then we think." The mysterious voice answers. "We have already begun the first step."

Yamato held his breath as the mysterious voice grew quiet and could no longer feel his chakra signature in the area. Yamato let out a sigh that he didn't know he was holding in. He quickly situated himself then knocked on the door and entered when he heard a 'come in.'

Yamato placed his cat-like Anbu mask on and kneeled in front of a stone throne in the middle of the room. The chamber was dark inside. The only light was the moon that shined in through the roof casting dark shadows everywhere. Danzo gazed down at the kneeling Anbu and made a swift hand movement signaling for him to rise.

Yamato gave a nod and stood up taking off his mask in the process. "Lord Danzo, I have come to report of my latest mission of Uzumaki Naruto."

Danzo slowly leans forward in interest and gives a shake of his head telling the Anbu to proceed. Yamato lets out a shaky breath and continues, "Everything is going according to plan. I have befriended the Jinchuriki and have been watching his movements and actions. Naruto has shone fear of the villagers at times and gets frequent nightmares. He shows no impression, that I can tell, of knowing my true motives and our plan."

Danzo smirks then leans back into his chair, "Tomorrow is the Kyuubi Festival, the only time, each year, when the seal is the weakest. Your job is to observe his behavior, under NO circumstances will you intervene. Thanks to the seals and collar placed on him he shouldn't lose control and everything can go as planned."

Yamato hesitated he didn't like the sound of that and even with the short amount of time he spent with the blonde he was beginning to grow feeling for the kid. He quickly snapped out of his daze and bowed to the older man then placing his mask back on and heading back to the small apartment.

It was already past dinner time and the sun was no longer visible only to be replaced by a full moon. The former Anbu walked up to the blondes apartment not mentioning the hateful words that where carved into the door. He silently opened the door and walked in, not daring to turn on the lights in fear of waking up the grumpy blonde in the room next door. We quietly walked into the kitchen noticing a small note on the fridge with his name in it.

"Captain Yamato-
I brought home some food for you expecting that you'll be hungry once you got back from your mission/vacation.

P.S.  There's some leftover Dango 🍡 in chase you want some."  ;3

Yamato smiled as he opened the fridge door and took out the food and leftover Dango. He walked over to the couch that he claimed awhile ago and set the food down on a nearby table and begun to eat.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

There was a peaceful silence in the small apartment as Yamato had finished the food a few hours ago and was peacefully asleep on the couch.

Suddenly a loud 'CRASH!' came from Naruto room and Yamato was running up the small staircase and bursts into his room.

Naruto was covered in sweat, panting, and on his hands in knees. Naruto cried out in pain as a red burning chakra covered his body. Yamato quickly got ready to use his Wood Release: tailed beast sealing Jutsu but quickly remembered he couldn't interfere.

He stood by waiting for any sign that Naruto was losing control as he watched painfully as the blondes eyes glowed red and slitted as his ears turned an orangish red color along with his tail.

Naruto had tears in his eyes as he yelled louder when eight more orangish red tails appeared next to the one and his already sharp canines grew longer.

Soon the red chakra had vanished leaving behind a passed out blonde on the floor, tears still streaking down his face. Yamato slowly calmed down and picked up the blonde and set him back in bed.

'So this is what Danzo meant when he mentioned that the seal got weaker.'

~~~

Yamato watched the Jonin through the rest of the night just in case anything else happened. When the sun had finally raised had he noticed just how tired he was. He sat next the bed post thinking until he heard the faint rustle of the waking blonde.

He looked over at shaking Jinchuriki fear laced in his now red slit eyes. Yamato sighed sadly and sat next the scared blonde on the bed. He slowly made eye contact with Naruto and smiled.

"Happy Birthday Naruto."

Naruto's heart shattered and he started crying but was suddenly grasped in a hug. His crying grew louder and he wrapped his now nine tails around Yamato and him.

"Th-thank y-you." Whispered the blonde.

Hey guys, sorry it's short and it took so long I got hurt in a sledding accident that ended up with me falling down a long ass hill. I'll try and update faster but otherwise I'll see you later.

~ Author-Chan