Chapter 15

Warning: cringe 😬 moments up ahead

—Naruto-

Drip

Drip

Drip

Naruto woke up to the echoes of water droplets hitting the ground. The sound calmed the blonde Jonin as he stared at the dark ceiling that never ended in a pool of water. He slowly stood up and looked around the empty void of his mind.

'This isn't where I'm supposed to be?' Naruto thought as he looked around at his empty surroundings. It reminded him of his mindscape that held Kurama but more dark and wary.

'Where's Kurama?' Asks Naruto to no one in particular.

"KURAMA!" the blonde yelled as his voice was carried away into the void. With no answer Naruto randomly choose a direction and set off that way. Water reached Naruto's ankles and sent small ripples through the water sending chills down his spine. The young Fox Jinchuriki just hoping to find something or somewhere that looked familiar.

*

After what felt like hours of walking and finding no sign of knowing where he was, Naruto began to panic.

Naruto's breathing hitched and can out in ragged breaths as his mind swirled and grew dizzy. His panic faltered when a blood thick red light seemed to glow in the distance. Naruto desperately ran towards the light but the closer he got the water surrounding him grew deeper and thick.

As Naruto got to the light source the water surrounding him was now up to his waist and still sinking. In front of him stood a metal door with chains tightly bound to it. Claw marks littered the door and a Uchiha crest sat at the top staring down at the blonde. A carving that surprisingly looked like the seal on his stomach was etched onto the front. Naruto hesitantly reached for the door handle and grasped it. Suddenly the water that was slowly rising disappeared only to be replaced by cold chipped concrete.

Naruto silently let out a sigh of relief and slowly open the door making a 'creaking' sound. Naruto's tails swayed in agitation and worry as he walked through the door.

Inside he found himself in a new mindscape terrain. Naruto looked around the cave like cavern that was shockingly illuminated by a red glow coming from the moon above and a blue light coming from a small whirlpool in the center of the cavern.

Naruto was calmed by his new surroundings and slowly walked up to the whirlpool and looked deep into the glowing blue light and smiled. A deep chuckle interrupted the calm blondes thoughts as the voice echoed around the cave.

Naruto tensed and his eyes glowed red and his pupils slit. The voice chuckled again in amusement and a shadow in front of him stepped out into the red light of the moon.
Naruto's tense body relaxed at the sight of the tall man standing in front of him.