A Close Call

Dream's POV:

I watch as George walks out of the castle. I feel so bad for him. All he wanted was a job. I turn around around and hastily stomp to my mom. She is walking towards her bedroom, the biggest out of the 3.

"MOM!" I shout, trying to catch up to her.
"What did I say about shouting indoors?" She tells me. I roll my eyes. "Not to."
"Precisely."
She turns around to look at me. "I am not going to hire that boy, you hear me? He can find a job somewhere else. He is hopeless." She places her hands on her hips and eyes me. I stare right into her cold eyes. "Why can't he just work here? It's not like he'll cause any problems." I tell her.
"In all honesty, I just want someone else to talk to." I mumble. That's when I quickly looked up. My mom had the biggest frown.
"What do you mean 'someone else.'" She asks. Oh crap, I messed up. "Uh... well I-" I keep stumbling my words.
"Dream. Tell me who you are talking to. Now." She walks up to me. I avoid eye contact.
"Dream." She repeats.
"Dad and you. I just want someone to talk to other than my parents." I state. This was a lie, obviously. I can't afford to get Sapnap fired. My mom doesn't look convinced. "I swear! I'll go up to my room now. It's not like you want to actually talk to me or anything."
Before she can protest, I walk out of the room. Tears start forming in my eyes. Why does my mom have to be like this? This isn't fair at all! I storm into my bedroom and slam the door. I break into sobs as I crash onto my bed. I can't take this anymore. I just want to be free.
That's when I look at the window inside my room. I walk over to it and pry it open. My face is immediately hit was cool, fresh air, my tears seemingly vanish from my face. I take it all in as I look down. I spot Sapnap working on the flowers, along with the other 2 gardeners. I can see the village from the window. All the buildings and shops and people. It looked so calming down there.
That's when I get an idea. I look to the wall of the castle. That's when I take a step onto the windowsill. 'This is a really stupid idea.' I think to myself.
It really is, but I will actually be able to get out of the castle. I then bring my other foot up. I place my foot on a semi-loose brick to see if it was stable. Seems good enough. I put my weight onto the brick.

That's when everything goes wrong.

The brick slips off the wall, making my foot slip with it. I frantically try to grab onto something. One of my hand gets a hold of the windowsill. I use all my strength to hold on. I'm dangling about 60 feet from the ground. A fall from this height will be certain death. I look around, not able to do anything but hold on.
"SOMEONE HELP ME!" I call out, hoping Sapnap or another gardener would hear me.

Sapnap's POV:

"Ughhhh..." I groan. I place the pile of dirt I dug up to my left. I place my shovel down and wipe the sweat of my head. I've been out here for about 5 hours and I'm exhausted. But, there is good pay, so I have to stick around.
I pick my shovel back up and go to the next pile of weeds. I grudgingly put my shovel into it and dig it out. That's when I hear I faint voice. "SOMEONE HELP ME!" I hear. I look around, trying to see where the voice was coming from. I hear them call out for help again.
That's strange it feels like it's coming from above me. I look up and my eyes open in horror. Dream was dangling off the castle window, with one of his hands holding him up.
"DREAM!"
I drop my shovel and run into the castle. As I swing open the front door and start running up the stairs I run into the King. "Wow! Sapnap. Where are you going? You know you're not allowed up here." He stops my in my tracks. I try telling him the situation but my mind is blank. "Dream. Window. Outside. Fall."
The king looks at my confused. "What are you ta-" "DREAM IS DANGLING OFF HIS WINDOW!" I shout. The kings's eyes open like mine did. He turns around and starts running up the stairs. "HURRY!" I yell.

We reach Dream's door and the King tried opening it. Oh no. It was locked. We can hear Dream calling for help from the other side. The king bashes his body into the door, breaking it in the process. He stumbles to the floor. I run over to help him up but he tells me to get Dream.
I rush to the window and peek my head outside. Dream was holding on, his fingers turning white. "DREAM I'M HERE!" I yell out. I startle him and his hand slips.
I quickly reach out both my arms and I thankfully was able to grip onto his arm.
"I GOT YOU DREAM!" I call out. He looks down then back at me. "P-Please don't let go Sapnap." He mumbles. I try really hard to pull him up but I can't. That's when I feel the king next to me. He holds onto me and we both pull Dream up to safety. As he was getting off the window a pair of glasses fell out of his pocket. I didn't know Dream wore glasses.
I should probably tell him...

Dream's POV:

I cling onto my dad, tears rolling down my face. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I repeat over and over.
"It's ok Dream. I'm just glad you're safe." He comforts me.

After a minute I feel Sapnap tap my shoulder. "Hey Dream. I think your glasses fell when you were getting off the windowsill. You might want to get some new ones." He tells me.
What? I don't own gla-

That's when I remember. The glasses I found 10 years ago. The ones I carried with me everywhere I went. George's glasses. George was here. George was right next to me and I forgot about the glasses.
I run over to the window and peek over the side. I see the glasses laying on the pavement. It's hard to tell if they are broken or not.
My dad takes me away from the window. "Dad please I need those glasses. They're very important." I tell my dad.
"Ok son. I will get someone to retrieve them." He looks over at Sapnap.
"Would you be so kind to fetch them?" He asks.
"Of course sir." Sapnap walks out the room, stepping over the pieces of the broken door. That's when my father looks at me. "Dream. What on earth were you doing? You could've died!" I don't answer any kind of questions he asks me. I'm just worried about the glasses.

After ten minutes of interrogation, Sapnap returns to the room. "I got them." I rush over to him.
He holds out his hand.

The glasses were completely split down the middle, with both of the lenses cracked.

A/N
——
Wowww. What a chapter. I know it is very long but I think it's alright because the book just reached 500 VIEWS! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! The story will hopefully be getting updated more regularly. Thanks for reading!
Words : 1287

Blue Roses (DNF)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara