Bruises

this is the day after George bumped into Jschlatt—

Dream's POV:

   I'm sitting at the dining table, drinking my chocolate milk and eating my waffles. They are quite delicious.

Half way through my second waffle, my father strikes up a conversation with my mother. "So darling, do you mind if I tell Dream about the plans for today?" He asks politely. My mother swallows her pancake before responding. "Sure honey, whatever you want." She says.
My father has a slight smile while he turns to face me. "So, son, today we were thinking... how about you and I go down to the bakery to pick up a few baked goods?" He asks. I drop my fork in shock, which my mother growls me at for. "Really father! That would be delightful!" I say, practically shouting. "Be quiet Dream." My mother tells me sternly. "Sorry." I say, slumping back into my chair.

After talking with my dad with my 'indoor voice' we finally came to the conclusion to go after breakfast. I wanted to go as soon as possible because after George left the butler brought his glasses to me! They were sitting nice and cozy in my pocket.

I practically swallow my waffle whole and excuse myself from the table. "I need to go get ready for the bakery. Need to be looking my best!" I say, leaving the dining hall. I run up to my room and put some good clothes on. I want to be looking good for George wink wink. I put on a good outfit and go back downstairs.

I see father getting ready to leave. He notices me as I make it off the last step. "Oh! There you are Dream! I was about to go get you. Come along now, the bakery closes early today." I get my shoes on and open the door. Me and my father have a great conversation, where we both laugh and smile. I wish things could be like this all day and everyday, but I know it won't happen anytime soon.

We reach the bakery and I swing open the door. I'm greeted with a familiar voice. "Welcome how may I-"
"GEORGE!" I yell. I run around the counter and give him a hug. When I look at him my eyes wander around his blushing face before landing on his eye. It had a big bruise on it. "Uh.. h-hi Dream." He murmurs. It takes me a second to reply. "Uh, George. What's wrong with your eye?" I ask. He ignores my question.
"You're not allowed back here." He says. "Oh yeah, sorry about that.." I walk to the correct side of the counter, still looking at his bruised eye. I look a little more closely before noticing another bruise on his arm. I see him adjust his shirt so it wasn't showing.

My father taps me on the shoulder. He has a confused look on his face. "You... know this guy?" He asks me. I nod my head. Why does George have bruises? Are there more? I know he didn't have them last night... . My thoughts are interrupted by a hand waving in my face. "Dream. What would you like?" My father asks. I snap out of my thoughts and just say the first two things I saw.

Once we got it I asked my dad to wait outside for me. He looks confused, but agrees and walks out the door, letting the bell make a ding sound. I look back at George, who also ha a confused look. Before he can say anything, I go to his side of the counter. "Dream! You're not allowed back here!" He tells me again, trying to shove me to the other side. "Why do you have bruises?" I ask seriously. He stops shoving and looks up at me. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it, ok? Just go to the other side!" He says, pushing me harder, yet still failing. I wait a second or two before reaching into my pocket. He stops shoving to see what I'm doing. "What's in there? Some extra money? He jokes. "It's not money George, but I think you'll still like it." I tell him. He tries to peek around me to see but I shift my body. "Not until you tell me why you have bruises." He makes a huff sound before having a small frown on. "You don't need to know, ok!? I just want to know what you have!" He reaches for the glasses (which he didn't know what it was) but I grab his arm, causing his shirt to go up a little bit. A bruise becomes visible. I looks at his arm and back to George. George's eyes widen before he pulls his hand back and covers the bruise. He shyly looks at me, shifting his body a bit. "It was just from these three guys. It's not the first time, but seriously, I can deal with it." He tells me. I put a big frown on my face. "That's not 'ok' George. Just look at what they did to you." I say. "Yeah yeah, enough about that, please." He says.
I sigh and put my hand in front of me, revealing the glasses.

A/N
——
SORRY FOR THE UPDATE BEING LATE I THOUGHT I ALREADY LMAOOO OK BHE