Reunited

George's POV:

I stare in shock. I look down at Dream's hands, which held my long lost glasses. I don't even realize it, but tears start to form in my eyes. I couldn't help it, it just reminded me of my mother. Ever since she passed, I had to get rid of most things to keep the house. I didn't have anything to remember her by, but now, the glasses are back with me.

I try to keep myself from crying, but the thought of my mother was too much for me. The tears start rolling down my face, and Dream pulls me into a hug with my crying onto his corner. I hug back, happy that there is someone here to comfort me. That doesn't happen very often. I squeeze tighter, not wanting it to stop. I needed this. I needed someone to hug. Everything I've been through, and yet there was nobody there for me. Thinking about all that makes me cry even harder, making Dream squeeze tighter as well. "It's ok George. Everything is ok." He says.
A smile forms on my face. "Thank you Dream."

Dream's POV:

I hold at my hands, revealing the glasses. I watch as he stares at them. Before I know it, A tear rolls down his eye, followed by another one. He then start breaking into a meltdown. I didn't know what to do, so I just pulled him into a hug. That's what my father always did when I cried.

He cries into my shoulder and I just listen to his sobs. At one point, he squeezes harder, and I do the same. I want to tell him something, anything that'll make him feel better. "It's ok George. Everything is ok." I say. I hear I'm sniffle and stop for a moment before speaking. "Thank you Dream." He says. I smile.

After another minute, we pull away from the hug. "Sorry if that made you uncomfortable it's just something my father did when I was like this." I say. "It's fine Dream, it really helped." He tells me. I smile even brighter, and give him a quick hug, which makes him blush yet again. "I will be going now. Keep the glasses safe! I don't want to find them laying around again." I say. He just giggles and waves goodbye as I leave the bakery.

My father looks at me. "Did you tell him what you needed?" He asks. I nod my head. "Perfect, let's head home then." He says.

We begin our walk to the castle.

George's POV:

I watch as Dream leaves the bakery. I pick up the glasses and examine them. They really are back, huh? I carefully set them on top of my head and it feels like it did 10 years ago. I turn around and look into the mirror we have on the wall. The memories just start flying back to me. Yet again, a tear falls down my face, but I'm able to keep my composure.

It's fine George. Stay strong. They're back now and that's all that matters. I smile to myself.

Maybe things are really turning out to be better now.

A/N
——

GUYS IM SO SORRY I DIDNT UPLOAD YESTERDAY!! I WAS BUSY AND I WASNT ABLE TO. AO YES ITS A SHORT CHAPTER BUT THERE WILL BE ANOTHER UPDATE LATER TODAY I PROMISE