eighteen

Deles hair was properly curled and his rosy cheeks looked utterly flushed by the looks. His eyes would drift away from me and down the the food on his plate. A week and a half after the game he came to Liverpool on his off day, he came all the way to Liverpool for me, he spent his free day on me. Trent would do that too, only he didn't have to travel for hours, and sometimes he would tell me he needed to rest. Dele didn't rest, he came to Liverpool for me, maybe he should have stayed and a had a rest day.

The weeks would go by like a blur and so had the sight of Trent, I stayed out of the street he lived in and I had decided to not go to Anfield even though I really wanted to. The fries on my plate looked stale, they had been untouched for the last 15 minutes, I didn't think that this was a mistake, not at all. Dele was kind and his cheeks would flush when I smiled at him and he had lovely eyes. I was just not used to it. Trent would talk and talk, about football, about the new kit and about the sun and moon. I would listen and look at him in admiration. The silence between me and Dele was not unbearable, it was calming and somehow I liked how he didn't talk. Maybe he wanted me to speak. I was never the one to speak because Trent would speak for the both of us.

"How is your food Daisy?" His question drew me out of my haze and I looked up at him.

"It's awesome, I'm just a slow eater" he nodded, his plate was empty and mine was almost untouched. "You seem hungry still, you can take my plate if you want" I chuckle, he's not shy so he stretches his arm out and fetches a fry, dips it in the ketchup and throws it into his mouth. He laughs, and after some time I go along and I laugh. Because I hadn't for a while and it felt as if I couldn't stop.

As we walk through the streets of Liverpool, his fingers slipped through mine, I find the courage to lean my head against his shoulder. He's not Trent, that he is not because he's Dele. Maybe that's what I need. I know that no one will fill the void of him, but maybe Dele can be his own place in my heart, not the filling of Trent, maybe I don't need a fill for Trent. We walk into a cafe and order two coffees and continue our way through the city, he would have to leave soon to attend training the next day and even before the time he had to leave came I missed him.
——
"Dais! Dais!"  I turn around to look at Lina. Her blonde her bouncing on her shoulder as she runs towards me.
"Yes Lina" I smile towards her, she stops and catches her breath.
"Are you dating Dele Alli? That guy from that London team that literally every girl likes?" I'm taken back by her question and force my eyes to look at her. No I'm not dating him? Right? No we met twice! That's not dating?
"No we are not? Just friends?"
I answer not sure about if I know if my answer is right.
"Well there are pictures of you all over instagram mate." I gulp, no no no. This was my nightmare. Trent will see them, and he will be so disappointed.

——-
Omg guys hi🥺I feel so mean for not updating for months! I'm so sorry tbh, It was never my intention to make you guys wait this long. I just have been caught up by life and school. So much school! I'm drowning and I've lost all motivation in the world for anything. Once again, I'm ver sorry and I will from now on be active again, hope you guys are still here❤️