ten

Enjoy!! Don't forget to vote!
Present

Laying in my bed these days were never the same. My breathe would sting my throat. While looking up at the ceiling I imagined what Trent was doing then, at times it would be good things, today it wasn't. I got up from my bed only to move to the couch at the corner of my room and turned my tv on. A football game between Aston Villa and Manchester United was on (omg I miss football🥺) and the loud commentators screamed loud when Marcus Rashford netted the ball. Damn all this football, and damn this city. I was never a fan of Liverpool, it never felt like home here, and no not even when I was with Trent, I hate it even more because of him. Now when I reflect back upon it all, I do remember the good times, but I do remember the times when he would be mean.

It was late May and the sun was high on the sky, I decided to take a walk outside and I looked around for my mom in the house but it seemed she had left. Without bothering to change, I put on my sneakers and went outside. Despite the sun it was quite chilly and I walked fast to increase the warmth in my body. I still avoided his neighborhood, but I do think that with the increased salary he now has received, he shouldn't be around here for too much longer. This area was not the richest, neither was it the poor (guys I've never been to Liverpool so I have nooo idea of the different areas, this is just some imagination). While walking past the coffee shop at the other I stop to buy a bagel since my breakfast was quite small. The shop was quiet and the few people in it sat in corners, not making enough noise to be heard.

At the counter I order and turn around to take a seat while waiting, the cafe feels smaller than before. In late November me and Trent had gone by buying coffee, I had taken a hot chocolate of course. Back then no one knew you and you were kind, and he never forgot me.

I avoid going outside, I'm always so scared of seeing him somewhere, or bumping into Joe. The shy personality I have would make me faint right on the spot, I would go to school and back home. Sometimes I would go for a walk like today. My mom had started to worry , but I have assured her that this is just temporary. Soon Joe and all the other teammates will forget me and I will walk and maybe bump into them without them recognizing me. With my bagel I start walking home, the road home is short, and when I reach my door I swiftly drag it. The door being closed stands still, with my bagel in my hand I reach for my keys, searching in my pocket the only thing my hand touches is some change. Oh god, my keys. MY KEYS. I look into my pockets again only to be left with nothing but change. I knock on the door, hoping that my mom had returned, greeted with silence I sit down by the stairs and finish my bagel with so much anger that I start crying.

By the time my mom gets home the sun had started to set and my tears had dried on my face, I really wasn't in the mood to be locked out of the house today.

"Daisy? What are you doing?" My mom bends down and asks me. Her hands are filled with bags and I swiftly take the keys from her grip and stomp inside, she couldn't have thought about coming home any earlier?

I didn't like being home, it left me thinking too much. I articulate and argue with myself, laying in my bed with my legs resting on my walls.

Maybe I shouldn't be thinking about this too much, everyone breaks up with their boyfriends these days. Why am I reacting like this, it's not like Trent was nice and spent time on me, why do I miss him so much when we barely would hang out by the end? I missed the feeling of calmness, the calmness of knowing that he was mine despite all the girls that wanted him.

I wanted to stop thinking and missing, but some things are harder to just do. When Trent left me it left me empty, and I don't know him to fill that emptiness.

I understand Trent, I don't have vibrant hair or blue eyes with specks of green, and I don't have a nice smile and a beautiful body like Melody. A guy like him would eventually have gotten tired of me, thinking of it that way makes me happy that it didn't last too long.

Hi sorry for the lack of update but I have been busy with school, buuu. This chapter is just a filler I guess to the beginning I was so used to writing like I did in the past chapters that I honestly struggled to write this but here ya go!!