five

The call you made that Saturday stunned me. You had finally made it, your dream had came true, you were not Trent the academy player that had been playing and fighting for years. You were Trent that was a part of the first team. You tried to stay calm but I told you not to, be happy, be exited, this is the best day of your life Trent I had told you. You're smile didn't go away for the rest of the day, we celebrated with a strawberry cake. In moments like this I wanted time to stop. Your happiness was too good to pass away.

That night I slept in your arms, it was the best sleep I've had in a while. The next morning you had to drop me off at school early, my chem test was that day and you gave me a big kiss and wished me good luck. Nervous but happy I wrote that test. Later that day you texted me that your first game would be this Saturday against West Ham. I was so exited. You said that I shouldn't be too exited because there was a big chance he would just sit on the bench. But that didn't stop me from jumping up and down on the spot.

On Friday you gave me my first jersey with Alexander Arnold on the back and a ticket. You wanted me to see the game from the stands to get the real feeling of being in Anfield, I smiled big and gave you a hug in return. On Saturday I woke up early because of the excitement. I was so nervous ans happy for you and I had prayed for hours the day before that you would get to play at lest a few minutes during the game. I put on my jersey and with my tickets in my purse I made my road to Anfield.

The stadium was not quite for a single second, songs, chants and screams. It was the 83rd minute and my hope was lost, but your face never stopped smiling, even on the bench and I was so happy for you. But a few second later there was substitution to be made, and you were going on. I screamed loud and started jumping and laughing. This was your dream, your moment, this was what you had fought for over years and years. You didn't get to play for too long but that was okay because it was enough time to get you thrilled and get your debut.

After the game i stood in the stands and watched while people left Anfield in waves. It got emptier and emptier by the second, but I stayed seated an watched as it got quiet. I was supposed to wait for you because you would drive us to your home and we would make late night sandwiches and celebrate with a movie. I stayed in the stands for minutes, several minutes. It had been one hour since the game had ended and I was starting to get restless. I stood up and walked out with a frown, why had you not texted me?

I stood outside for a couple more minutes, still waiting anxiously. But you never came Trent, I sent you a text, you didn't reply to me, and when it started to get dark I decided to leave. I wasn't gonna be upset, I had no right to ruin this moment for you, but I would have appreciated a text, an answer, a hug, anything. That night was quiet, and we didn't make late night sandwiches and we didn't watch a movie. That day you had forgotten about me again. But sometimes being quiet is the best to not ruin things.