nineteen

HEEEeeYYYyY, enjoy hihi, don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

-

The wind outside was aggressive, blowing with force and making loud noises against my window, yet everything seemed quiet in my head. I don't know what I had expected. That me going out with a famous young football player would stay hidden? I would have wanted that but there was no way I could have kept it from being exposed. Nothing had been said from Trent. Maybe I was the one that reacted harshly, not him, maybe he didn't care at all. Even if he did, what was he going to do? bust into my house and stop me knowing damn well that he was the one that broke my heart, that he was the one that left me. I had gotten a message from Dele where he had asked me if I was okay with all that happened. I had replied with an utter yes. 

To be honest i don't know if this is what I desired or if Dele was a person that filled the void, not the void of Trent but rather the void of what I wanted. He was kind, he texted me everyday and would come all the way to Liverpool for me , just for me. What more was he supposed to do? What did Trent ever do?

-

The cafe in central Liverpool was as calm as you would like, a few people would walk by and some would walk in, get a coffee and leave in a swift move, as if they never even entered. I sat there, admiring the walkers on the street, some in hurry and some walking calmly. As if it was written to happen, someone slides into the seat infront of me. His beard covered half his face and his red hat shaded the rest.

"Joe?" I asked quietly, looking at the person I would expect the least to sit with me.

"Hey Daisy. Whatsup?" He took his hat off exposing his face to the sunlight beaming through the window. "I was getting coffee for me and the boys, me and Tamara moved into an apartment behind, had to say hi, I haven't seen you in so long." 

I appreciated what he had done, even though it had felt strange knowing he was the one that acted out shitty things with Trent, and now he had moved into an apartment with his girlfriend.

"I am good Joe, time passes fast it's as if I saw you just yesterday. It's nice to see you again. How have you been?" I say as I lean back in my seat lifting my hands off the table.

"All good, we are doing very well in the prem, have you see how good Trent has been? Praised all over the country!" I gulp, nodding slightly, feeling a sudden uncomfort. I did know, sometimes Dele would tell me, sometimes I would look it up myself.

"All the players miss you big time"

"I miss them too, say hi to Hendo for me" I smile feeling a wave of heat on my face. 

"Why don't you do it yourself? Hes upstair, takes just a few minutes to get there, come on. Tamara would love some company. If you want to of course" 

I felt worry, as if he felt forced to ask me to not seem rude. But the curiosity got the best of me and I stood up to follow him up the road to the apartment.

Their apartment smelt nice, a hint of strong male cologne and the delicate smell of what i assume was Tamaras flowers. Loud noises came from the living room and one laughter in particular caught me off guard. It was the sweet melody of his laughter. With my heart beating hard against my ribcage I walked close behind Joe, the small distance between the door and the living room felt like kilometers. They were seated on the big coach pressed against the wall. Hendo,  Robbo, Wijnaldum, Trent. At first they didn't notice, but Joe's announcement made it clear that I was present.

"Look who I found at the cafe!" His eyes shot up suddenly and his frown that was caused by the video game on the TV suddenly turned into a smile, flashing his pearly teeth. 

"Hey Dais, nice to see you" 

"Nice to see you as well Trent." I utter with my hand up for him to shake.