CHAPTER 4: NANGE NEEN ISTA

Y\N had come to the living room and greeted everybody. Seeing Y\N, Mrs. Kim complemented saying "Ommo you look beautiful darling". "Thankyou Mrs. Kim" she shyly replied. Then Mr. Kim said " You two kids go and talk with each other. We will be waiting for a positive news from your side." Both Y\N and Taehyung stood up and looked at each other awkwardly. To ease the situation Mrs. Bhat said "Mele hogi mathadi [talk upstairs]". Y\N hummed in response and started walking with Tae following her behind. Jina and Kook were teasing them. Y\N brought him to their terrace garden. There was tension and awkwardness in the air. Both didn't know how to start a conversation , though it was not their first meeting still the situation made it a tough task. Y\N decided to break the silence, so she turned towards Tae telling him a "Hi" and Tae at the same time said a "Hi" too. They smiled widely at each other. "Why don't we sit and talk?" she asked pointing the chair. Tae nodded and sat on one of the chairs. "How are you? Its been 3 years since we met" he questioned. "I am doing great. How are you? How does it feel to be back in home?" she asked. " I am good too. To be honest it feels so freakingly good to be home" he answered smiling. "How was your training abroad?" she again asked. "It was okay but I missed my loved once" he said looking straight into her eyes. Y\N's cheek turned red. 

" Ah sorry for not introducing myself. I am Y\N Bhat" she said extending her hand. " Mwoya. I know that" he said chuckling. " Yah play along" she whined. "Okay I am Kim Taehyung" he said shaking her hand. That hand shake formed goosebumps on their bodies. "Mr. Kim I have a question for you?" she said. " Am I in an interview?" he asked. "Yes" she said. "Okay Okay ask me your question ma'am." he replied. "Are you single?" she asked. "Ma'am its a little too personal don't you think?" he said. She pouted in reply. He wanted to capture those pouty lips with his so bad, but he controlled himself. " I am single. But maybe in the coming days I might have a wife." he said grinning. " A man like you being single is a little difficult to believe" she said.  " A man like me?" he asked raising a eyebrow.  " Yeah ha! A man like you who is successful, well behaved, handsome... OH shoot ah I mean   umm" she stuttered. " God Y\N what is wrong with you? You were not supposed to say it out loud. Its so embarrassing" she internally scolded herself. Tae was taken to surprise by what she just told but was happy for knowing that she felt he was handsome. Chuckling seeing her flustered face he said "Cute. I was too focused on my career so had no time for dating. Now that I am settled I would love to have a person to share my life with" he said. " And only you were on my mind all these years so I saw no other women" he thought.  She nodded her head in understanding. "Next question please!!" he said. " Don't take me wrong for asking this question Taehyung. We both are from different nationality. All though I live in Korean I still am an Indian. Don't you think that can be a hurdle in our marriage?" she asked curious to know his answer. "Whether you are an Indian or a Korean sang-gwan-ebseo [it doesn't matter]. What matters more is our personality and our compatibility. Cultural difference makes us diverse don't you think? We will have so much to celebrate. It is important to understand each other. In the end we are all human beings. From me knowing you for 10 years I don't think nationality ever came between us" Tae shared his view. Y\N had a huge smile plastered on her face. "Taehyung you stole my thoughts. Good to hear that we both are on the same page on this matter" she said. "Y\N about this marriage, there is no pressure. If you want we can go on few umm you know dates, get to know each other more and then decide. Because I believe marriage is a once in a life time thing and I don't want you to regret your decision later" he said with a assuring smile. She was very happy to what he said. She always wanted a mature man like him to share her life with. " I would love that " she said showing her dimples. 

Tae was internally freaking out because she accepted to date him. He held his confident face and asked " So can we go on a date if you are free this evening?". "Yes we can go" she said blushing. Then suddenly he remembered that Kook had asked him to confess to her in her native language saying she would love that. "Umm Y\N nange neen ista [I like you]" he confessed looking down. She froze in her place, blinking her eyes and controlling her blushing self. "I ... I" she was cut off by her mother calling her to come down. " I think we should go down now" she said not looking at him. Tae who was waiting for her answer was disappointed for not hearing one, nevertheless he went down with her. Now everybody's eyes was on them. "What did you guys decide " Mrs. Kim asked excited to know their answer. "Umm we have not decided yet" Y\N replied. "What do you mean?" asked Mr. Bhat. "We would like to go on few dates, understand each other better and then decide" Tae said. "Okay do as you both wish. You are matured enough to think things through. We will be waiting for your answer." Mr. Kim said. "They both nodded their head assuring them. "Then we will take our leave. Hope we can soon become In-laws." Mr. Kim said. They were heading out when Tae came near Y\N and whispered "Get ready at 5pm we will go on our first date" and winked at her. She said "Don't be late mister" and giggled. Then they bid each other their byes. 

She realized something right after. She couldn't find Kook and Jina anywhere. She smelled something fishy so she decided to call them. Just then she realized she forgot to ask for Tae's new number. Before she could ask Tae they had already left. "Aishhh, I should ask Kook for his number" she mumbled. A message from a unknown number popped on her phone.

"Oh no ! Why did I use that smiley with the heart emoji

"Oh no ! Why did I use that smiley with the heart emoji. Good job Y\N. You are a champion in embarrassing yourself" She hit her forehead with her palm. She then messaged both of her bestfriends who went missing all of a sudden.

 She then messaged both of her bestfriends who went missing all of a sudden

The moment he confessed she felt a strange sensation of pleasure rising in her but not being able to find her answer to his confession he felt as if he was being punished for an unknown sin he had committed