Twelve

Ariana

"What the fuck!" Dante yelled as he almost threw the controller.

"What's going on?" I asked as I took a seat on the couch.

"Is it me or they just cheating." Dante said as he mugged the hell out of Jayda.

"Nah nigga, you just can't play for shit." Dave spoke as he stood in the doorway of the living room.

I didn't even acknowledge his presence. I was focused on the bitch he had prancing behind him.

"Oop." Jayda said and I folded my arms, giving them both a glare.

"Hello. I'm India." She said as she held her hand out for me to take but I just stared at her like she was crazy.

Hearing Dante clear his throat, he looked at Dave like he was crazy.

"Why all y'all looking crazy?" Dave asked.

"Because who the hell is she?" Dante asked, taking the words right out of my mouth.

"She said her name was India." He said. "We'll see y'all in a minute." He said leaving out, still leaving me stuck at his fucking boldness.

My eyes then went to Jayda who was surprised just like me.

"Dante, you got a rubber?" He came back and asked, his eyes on me. Right then and there, I knew he was fucking with me purposely.

I honestly couldn't get mad because it was Karma added with a slap in the face.

I know I said I couldn't get mad but I was.

"Bestie, if you wanna go tackle that hoe and Dave, tap me in." Jayda said in all seriousness. I would do that but I thought otherwise.

Instead of replying, I just walked upstairs to my room.  I was dumbfounded and I was done playing games. I didn't even have the energy anymore.

*
"Happy birthday too you! Happy birthday to a bad bitch!" Jayda singed as she walked in with Dante and Dave behind her.

Jayda had a small Walmart cake in one hand and a balloon that said 18 in the other.

I sat up, blowing the candles out.

"Thank you guys." I said.

"You welcome bitch. You finally 18 and legal!" Jayda exclaimed causing me to laugh lowly.

I know my vibe wasn't there because even I could feel it so I know they could. I looked at Jayda and she gave me this look of sadness.

My eyes then went to Dave who looked at me with a look I couldn't read and Dante, there's no telling what he was thinking about.

"Boys, can you give me and my best friend time alone please?" Jayda asked and they nodded, walking out and closing the door behind them.

Jayda sat the cake on the dresser and climbed into the bed, getting under the covers.

"Explain Ari." She said and I looked at her with confusion.

I knew what she was trying to get out of me but I didn't want to talk about it.

"Explain what?" I asked and she smacked her lips.