Twenty-Six

Ariana

I was sleeping peacefully when I felt a huge dip into my bed.

"Yo Ari, wake up!" I heard Eli yell into my ear. I opened my eyes, looking at him crazily.

"Eli, what the hell you doing here?" I asked and he smiled.

"Came to see my nugget." He said and I sucked my teeth, playfully pushing him.

"Where's Miles?" I asked.

"Downstairs trying to get Dave to take us to the court." Eli said.

"What's at the court?" I asked.

"It's a big basketball tournament the hood having. Can you convince him to take us?" He asked.

I gave him the side eye and he did the puppy dog face.

"Aight, let's go." I said.

I sprang out of bed and headed downstairs behind Eli. Seeing Dave on the couch, Miles was seen asking him.

"I said no Miles." Dave said.

"But why?" Miles asked.

"Because I said so." He said.

"But that's not a good enough reason Dave." I chimed in and his eyes shot to me.

"I didn't ask you." He said.

"But I'm telling you." I said.

"Shut up and gon bout ya business." Dave said.

"Boy don't talk to her like that. Lost ya god damn mind." Eli mumbled but Dave heard.

Dave got up, going after Eli but I had him behind me.

"Don't touch him Dave. If you won't let them go, then I'll take them." I said.

"I said no Ari." He said and I waved him off.

"Y'all, let me get changed. I'll be down in a sec."

*
Walking down stairs, I walked in the livingroom to see just Miles and Eli.

"Where's Dave?" I asked.

"Outside." Eli said.

Going outside, Dave sat outside on his car.

Once he seen me, I mugged him

"Can I drive your car?" I asked.

"Ummm, let me think about it." He said.

"No."

I smacked my lips, rolling my eyes.

"Why do you always have to do the most?" I asked.

"I'm not." He said and I smiled once something came to my mind.

"Fine, I'll ask Herb." I said, pulling my phone out.

Getting ready to dial his number, my phone was snatched clean out my hand.

"Don't get fucked up out here Ariana." He said.

"Well take them boys to the damn court." I said and he sucked his teeth.

"Man tell them to come on." He said and I smiled.

I gladly went in and told the boys to come on. They came running out and got inside Dave's car.

Once we all got settled in, he pulled off to the court.

*
Once we had made it, Eli and Miles hopped out with the basketball.

"Aight, rule 1, don't be in no niggas faces." Dave said and I raised a brow.

"Dave...last I checked, I was single." I said and he stared at me blankly.

"You heard what I said Ariana." He spoke.

"Whatever. If I can't be in no niggas faces, I better not see you in nan one of these hoes faces." I said.

"Yeen gotta worry bout me baby." He sent me a smirk but I flicked him off.

Going towards the court, guys were already playing an intense game. Eli and Miles were on the sidelines waiting and itching to get in.

We sat in the bleachers when my eyes landed on Herb. He was frowning his face up at me while I smiled.

He was making his way towards me. His face was torn THE FUCK UP.

The hell

"What?" Dave asked, never taking his eyes off the game.

Herb has asked me many times was I messing with Dave but I always said it was complicated and he had nothing to worry about.

Feeling my arm being yanked, I looked up at Herb Crazily.

"The fuck wrong with you G?" I asked as Dave stood to his feet but I gave him a look to stand down and he did so but hesitantly.

"What the fuck wrong with you man? I thought you wasn't with that nigga?" Herb asked.

"I never said that, I said it was complicated." I said with a shrug.

"Same shit."

"It's not though."

"Man you playing me like I'm some goofy." He said.

"Why you doing all this? I just came to a basketball game with him." I said.

He stared at me like I was stupid but it didn't take long for me to realize why he was mad.

Dave did have his arm wrapped around my waist. He had me closely pulled to him like I was his.

"I'm done wit yo hoe ass." He said.

"Hoe? Herb don't ever play with me. I'm far from a hoe. Besides, do what the fuck you wanna do. I wasn't into you for real anyway. You was just a person to take my mind of Dave." I confessed.

He chuckled, squeezing his fist.

"You lucky I don't drop ya ass right here." He said.

"And if you do, you'll be rolling out of here in a body bag and police will be rolling me out of here in cuffs." Dave chimed, scaring the shit out of me.

"Man fuck both of y'all. Dave, I'll catch you on the streets." Herb said.

"Yeah alright Herby." Dave replied nonchalantly.

Watching Herb walk off, I rolled my eyes, going to sit back down with Dave right behind me.

Looking down at the court, I seen Eli and Miles out there with the big boys.

They were doing pretty damn good for them to be so damn small and young.

"THERE GO MY BABIES!" I screamed, waving my hands like one of those sports moms.

*
"Whew, shit I'm tired." Eli exclaimed.

"Ya Damn right." Miles said, bending over and resting his hands on his knees.

I looked at Dave, seeing him glare at them and we all knew why.

"Imma let it slide this time." Dave said.

Buying the boys a Gatorade, they downed it.

"Tryna buy me another one?" Miles asked.

I giggled, handing him 2 dollars. Then came Eli. He didn't say anything, he just held his hand out, looking away with his foot tapping.

Handing him the rest of my change, he ran off behind miles.

I was eating on some nachos when I felt it coming up. Going for the nearest trash can, I emptied my stomach.