Thirty-Seven

Ariana

We were all sitting at the table eating the dinner that Miss Dee had prepared for us.

Dave and his mom was talking but I couldn't help but to feel certain stares and I knew who it was coming from.

Looking up, I met eyes with Kayla and Bri. They both rolled their eyes at me but I ignored them.

I could act ratchet but it was kids at the table and I didn't want to disrespect Miss Dee.

"So Ariana." Kayla spoke up, causing Miss Dee and Dave to stop their conversation and look over at us.

"Yes." I spoke nicely.

"Dave talks a lot about you. Do you really like my brother?" Kayla asked.

"Kayla don't start that messy shit." Dave said.

"Shut up David. Kayla is just asking a question." Bri said.

"Who you talking to Bri?" Dave asked and she rolled her eyes.

"Dave's right. We don't need no mess at this table." Miss Dee said.

"You still haven't answered my question yet." Kayla said and I wiped my mouth with the napkin.

I felt Dave sit his hand on my thigh and I looked over at him with a smile.

"I really do like Dave. I love him as a matter of fact. I'm carrying his child and we're gonna be a big happy family with our child and our boys." I smiled and Kayla rolled her eyes.

"Yeah Yeah. I'm not phased."

"Maybe because you don't need to be. This is our relationship....not yours." I spoke in a sarcastic tone.

"What? Bitch don't get smart with me." Kayla said and I laughed.

I was so close to getting up and punching this girl but I was with child meaning that she would have to catch me after these few months.

"Chill yo! Y'all always on some bullshit." Dave said.

"Well she started with her!" Bri said.

"Y'all started it! Y'all are always saying things out the side of your damn necks." Miss Dee said.

Kayla smacked her lips, standing to her feet. Bri was right behind her waking away. Dave looked at his mom before getting up and leaving out.

Looking over at Eli and Miles, they were just as shocked as me.

"I'm sorry for their behavior Ariana." Miss Dee said but I waved her off with a smile.

"It's alright. I can handle myself." I said.

*
A text had went through my phone from Dave saying that he was ready to leave.

I left out the bathroom and found Eli and Miles on the couch with Miss Dee.

"Miss Dee, we're getting ready to leave. It was nice meeting you." I said hugging her.

"It was nice meeting you too beautiful." She kissed my forehead causing me to smile.

I grabbed the boys hands and left out the house to see Dave sitting in his truck. He looked highly irritated.