Twenty-Three

Ariana

"Thanks Sarah." I said as she sat the bowl of bacon down beside me.

"You welcome Ariana." She smiled.

She left out the dining room, leaving me and my father to talk.

I was nervous and it might have not looked like it but I was.

I wasn't prepared for the questions whatsoever.

"So, I haven't spoken to you in a couple of weeks since you know.." he trailed off.

I didn't say much. All I know is I forgave him. It was his first ever time and I know he didn't mean it, he was just angry.

"Look, I'm sorry Ariana. I didn't mean to put my hands on you. That was not my intentions at all. I was just so angry you were having sex and in my house." He said and I sighed.

"I understand where your anger came from. Just never thought that you would hit me." I said.

"I know and I apologize for my actions." He said.

"I just hope you can forgive me."

Looking into my fathers eyes from across this table, I could tell the apology was sincere.

"I forgive you dad. I been forgave you." I said, watching a smile form on his face.

He got up, walking over and hugging me. He kissed my forehead before taking his seat.

We began to eat and the quietness between us was loud as ever.

I know he wanted to ask me some questions and I could feel it.

Getting up, I was getting ready to leave out the dining room but he spoke up.

"I want this situation to be over but I can't help but to ask...who is the boy?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Don't worry about it dad. You won't have to worry about him or me doing anything else." I said, continuing my walk to my room.

*
"You can't keep just doing them girls like that. Thinking that nobody finna bite back." I sang Karma by Summer Walker.

I was fresh out the shower and now cleaning my room.

Taking my dirty clothes hamper downstairs, I began to wash them when the doorbell sounded.

My father had left earlier for a 3 day business trip and surprisingly, he was leaving me home alone, or so I thought.

Opening the door, there stood Dave. I couldn't do nothing but roll my eyes at his presence.

He looked fine though

"Preciate it ma." He said and I walked away.

"You wasn't supposed to hear that." I said going into the kitchen.

Pouring me a small glass of koolaid, I was getting ready to walk back to my room but Dave grabbed me by my waist.

"Don't touch me David." I said, pushing him away with my free hand.

"Damn it's like that?" He asked.

"Yes and it's gonna stay like that. Now leave me the fuck alone." I said.

"You can't get mad at me Ari for moving on." He said.

"I'm not mad Dave. I'm disappointed. You couldn't wait?!" I asked.

"Ari, ya pops still treats you like a fucking kid." He said.

"You don't think I know that? You think I like being treated like a kid? I'm trying to get out of here." I said.