Thirty-Two

Ariana

I was watching The Girl in the Basement on Lifetime-and honestly, it was some crazy shit.

Hearing banging on the door, I raised a brow.

I went to my window and looking through the blinds. Seeing that familiar truck only made me roll my eyes.

I passed my mirror to see myself. My hair was in a bun and I had on spanks with a sports bra.

I walked downstairs and to the front door. Swinging it open, I was face to face with Dave.

Once I opened the door, he pushed me backwards with his hand around my neck.

My backside met with the wall as he picked me up off the floor.

"Let me go David!" I said to him.

"You think I'm playing with you B?" He asked and I frowned.

"Get the fuck off me!" I said, punching him until he dropped me to the floor.

He slammed the front door closed and stormed towards me as I tried to gasp for air.

"I been calling you and you act like you can't pick up a nigga calls!" He said.

"That's because I blocked yo ass." I said.

"So you blocked me?" He asked.

"That's what I said ain't it." I said and he grabbed me by my arm, taking me upstairs.

He pushed me into my room and slammed the door shut.

As he was walking towards me, he raised his hand up like he was about to smack me.

"I wish you would David." I said and he stared at me.

As soon as his hand met with my cheek, I winced in pain.

This wasn't like Dave. He was never the type to go all out and put his hands on me.

Once my pain calmed down, I got up, tackling him to the floor. We were full blown fighting.

He got up and picked me up, pushing me into the wall.

My legs were wrapped around his waist as he breathed on my chest.

The smell of liquor turned my nose up.

"Get off me Dave." I said.

"I'm sorry Ariana. I ain't mean to put my hands on you." He said.

"Get off me David." I said calmly.

"No. Shut up and listen to me." He said.

"Im sorry. I'm sorry Aight? I wasn't raised like that. I was taught manners but I done had too much to drink. I was angry, I thought you was fucking around on me. Look Ariana, I love you. I'm crazy over yo stupid ass." He spoke.

Did he just...

"What? Dave what did you just say?" I asked.

"I said I love you Ariana." He said and I didn't say anything.

I was taking what he said in. Did he really love me? Did I love him?

He made me feel good, he makes love to me like no other but that's not all love.

Sex is just sex.

"I don't know what to say Dave.." I said.

"It's straight, you ain't gotta say nothing." He said as he planted kisses on my neck.

He still had me up against the wall, my thoughts everywhere.

"I love you too David." I said and he froze up.