1:3

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

I WAKE up to the sun's rays shining through my treehouse windows, the trees rustling as the calm warm breeze moved them about.

I get up to see the newt still sleeping, I get up and make him little things to do if he's bored, i grab clean clothes and dress into them, I then open my door and close it behind me as I step through to my balcony.

I take a deep breath in, inhaling all of the fresh air and scents of flowers closing my eyes to listen to the birds sing a little song, i then sigh releasing my breath smiling.

I look to my side to see a birds nest on the balcony I looked at the nest as I saw the eggs inside hatching, i then realise I don't want my little lizard to become their food, i go inside and cover the windows.

After I put up the defences I sigh, looking to see my little newt running around enjoying himself, i go outside and climb down the ladder.

I turn around only to bump into someone, I look up to see Alby "sorry Albs I didn't look where I was going" I sigh and he smiles "that's quite alright y/n"

We start walking out of the Forest and I tell Alby all about my new friend lizard I found on my balcony and he laughs, we start talking about how I'm doing so far until Alby stops.

"Today Y/n you'll be trying out for Builders: where you build around the glade, Slicers: you look after the animals and some times have to kill them" I gulp before he continues.

"Cook: you work in the kitchen, Track-hoes: do hard work around the plants like trenching, Gardners: take care of plants and harvest, weed and all of that stuff" i smile.

"Med-Jacks: they are the doctors around here, take care of injuries and everything,
Bricknicks: have a similar job to builders but repair things, Sloppers: clean everything like toilets, showers and kitchen" I drop my smile.

Alby laughs at my reaction "Baggers: bury the dead gladers, Map makers: are the ones who make the maps of the maze and last but not least!" He pauses.

The wall starts to open into a gate "Runners: they are the fastest gladers around, they go out the glade every morning into the maze to find a way out, mapping everything"

I nod "I have to do all of those in one day?" I ask and he shakes his head "you won't be doing runner it's to dangerous seeming your-" I cut him off "a girl?" I say unimpressed.

He then realised that was the wrong thing to say "sorry y/n but I don't really know if your fast enough for a runner, I can call Minho over when he wakes up and you two can race to test your speed maybe" he suggests.

I nod and then point to the distance where a jet black haired boy was warming up before he ran in the maze, i walk over to him with Alby.

"Minho this morning before you go into the maze y/n would like to race you, she wants to know if she's runner material" Alby explains and the Asian boy looks at me then to Alby "okay, fine" he sighs.

I jump up and down in delight, i tie up my hair and warm up with Minho, more gladers woke up and decided they wanted to see this, me and Minho got into a starting position.

Chuck sleepily calls out the numbers "3..2..1.. GO!!" He yells, me and Minho race one another, we were side by side but I over took the jet black haired boy for a few minutes.

We both turn back and race to the others I heard someone call "I THINK WE'VE GOT A RUNNER!!" I smile and over take Minho again, I reach the boys and they cheer.

I wipe my forehead and breath through my nose out my mouth to steady my breathing "good job greenie" a British accent says from behind.

I turn to see newt and smile, the boy smiled back clapping his hands, after a while Minho went into the maze whilst I tried all the jobs.

Newt was supervising me as I worked, Newt decided that Slicer wasn't the best for me as I kept gagging every now and then from the animals being slaughtered.

Track-hoes wasn't great for me either, Slopper definitely wasn't the best, Baggers was horrible, I feel I may have nightmares for months!

Bricknick was a terrible idea as I kept hitting the hammer on my thumb, same for builders, I worked fine in the kitchen but I wasn't good enough.

I go to the med-Jack's hut and I kept doing everything wrong so that wasn't good, Being a map maker was boring and I didn't feel great doing that.

All I had to do was garden! But the sun was setting so I'd have to do it tomorrow "newt" I poke the boy and his brown eyes meet my e/c eyes "where are the showers? I feel disgusting" I say.

He looks at me for a while and then nods, guiding me to a little area with showers, i gulp as it wasn't very private "newt.. can you um.. make sure no one comes in?" I ask quietly and he nods.

He walks away and I make my way to a shower, "oh that's nice" I sigh as the warm water hits my bare skin, I wash my hair and body until I felt clean.

I step away from the shower and clean my clothes, i then dry them and put them on, I turn off the shower, my h/c hair was still wet but I didn't mind.

I exit the shower room to see the sky in a pinky red orange colour, the blackness absorbing the colours away slowly as stars appear.

I turn my head to see newt with him eyes closed, his head against the wall facing upwards and his arms crossed.

I giggle a little as I thought he was asleep I then poke his cheek and he opens one eye smiling, "you alright there love?" I then back away giggling, he then chases me around.