2:7

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

Hours later...

EVERYONE WAS asleep except from me, the cranks were gone and Winston was rolling around and sweating in his sleep making it even harder to sleep.

I get up from under the ruins and walk around the city in the night, I come across a fountain that had a tiny bit of water remaining inside and trickling.

I sigh sitting at the edge of the fountain looking at the stars, they reminded me of the fireflies back at the glade, they reminded me of chuck.

I feel a tear fall down my cheek and I wipe it away clearing my throat "Chuck.. I.. I don't know what to do.. it's tough right now without you and I'm struggling so much right now..." I whimper as I reach for something in my pocket.

I pull out Chuck's wooden figure he gave me as he died, i start to sing the song our song, "i was running far away would I run off the world someday.." I look up at the sky and see the sun rising.

"Nobody knows.. nobody even knows.. I was dancing in the rain I felt alive and I can't complain" my lower jaw trembles.

"But now take me home... take me home where I belong.." I sniff "I can't take it anymore Chuck.." I sob the words and start walking back to the others.

After a while of waking i finally reach everyone and they were running and shouting like maniacs, their voices croaky, I assume they've just woken up.

I wipe away my tears and make it look like I haven't been crying, I pull on a fake smile and walk over to them like nothing happened.

"WHERE IS SHE!?" Newt yells "I DONT KNOW!!" Frypan yells back "Y/N!!!" Teresa screams and they still don't see me, I wave my arms about trying to get their attention, only Aris saw me and he tackles me to the ground hugging me.

I squeal as I fall downwards on my back but whisper at the pain of my cuts, he gets off me and holds out his hand "sorry y/n" he smiles glad that I'm safe.

Newt comes over with my bag running to me "LOVE!!" He calls as he limps over running hugging me, the girls do the same and I laugh.

"Where were you sissy!" Jessie croaks, I see that she had been crying I hug her again and sigh "I couldn't sleep..." I say "HAH! Yeah no kidding you look like sh-" Frypan says but i glare at him before he finished, I then rub my eyes.

"Love..." Newt whispers grabbing my chin making me face him, he examines my face "have you been crying?" He asks and I sigh "damn, you noticed?"

He pulls me into a hug and I hug him back, we start walking around the city ruins exploring, looking for a way out.

"What the hell happened to this place?" Frypan asks looking up at the high building ruins "I don't know, it doesn't look like anyone's been here in a long time" Newt replies squinting his eyes.

"I hope the whole world isn't like this" I groan rubbing the back of my neck but let go immediately, cursing to myself.

I hear a whooshing sound in the background "woah woah woah hey stop!" Thomas says, everyone stops "do you hear that?" He asks.

I nod "yeah what is that..." I say the noise gets closer "GET DOWN!! EVERYBODY HIDE!! HIDE!! HIDE!!" Thomas shouts and we all hide under a stone piece of the ruins.

A aircraft flies over us with a helicopter at its side "oh shit..." Newt says facing us all, the aircrafts go different directions from one another and we all look around.

"They're never gonna stop looking for us are they?" Minho asks hugging Jessie, I assume those two were close and I sigh looking at Thomas.

We all get up and continue moving around, we then have to climb a crumbled pile of rocks from an old building "everybody good?" Thomas asks but I don't reply.

"Yeah..." Winston replies weakly causing me to look up to him placing a hand on his shoulder "you okay Winnie?" I asked very worried and he nods.

After climbing the building me then had to climb a very steep sand hill that went upwards, it was high and trust me when I say high I mean HIGH.

I kept sliding down a few times but eventually make it to the top with the others "those mountains that's gotta be it" Thomas points out in the distance and I sigh.

"That's a long way off" Newt says looking at Thomas, beside me Winston takes off his bag, I hold his shoulder but he grips onto my arm as he collapses taking me with him.

"EEEEK!!" I squeal as we go down, "WINNIE!!" I fall to the ground on top of him and the others rush to us, i smack his head lightly trying to get his focus "aye!" I shout.

He gasps in reply struggling to breathe "he's hurt pretty bad" Frypan says "what we gonna do?" Milly asks as she looks at the boy.

Winston keeps gasping and I get off his stomach hoping that'd help "it's okay.." Jessie says holding Winston's cheek stroking it for comfort melting my heart.

After discussing what we're gonna do with him we decide to carry him in a stretcher "hang in there Winston" Minho says as he drags the boy along.

It was so hot, I took off my denim jacket and tied up my hair in a ponytail, I then hear someone gasp and let my hair down again remembering the mark on my neck.

We make it to a bridge and we walk under it, a storm started to grow and get stronger, i put the bandana from my wrist onto my face protecting it from hurting my face, although I got sand in my eye "AHH ITS IN MY EYES I CANT SEE!!" I scream.

Everyone just laughed at me at the wind whooshed in my ears, "we have to find shelter!" Thomas shouts and we all agree