2:9

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

The next day...

WE ALL walked in the scorching hot sun, the sand had now turned into a cracked dry surface, Minho throws his water bottle as it was empty.

Eventually we all settled down, night fell and we laid on the ground huddled up, I wake up to a rumble and Thomas rolling around.

I stand up to see a thunderstorm, Thomas on the other hand was shouting in his husky voice shouting at everyone "c'mon get up!" He calls.

I then point upwards "we have a storm coming our way guys..." they all follow my gaze and grab there stuff "you see that?" Thomas asks pointing in the direction of lights.

"It's lights" his voice cracks turning back to us all, me and Aris look at each other trying not to laugh, we cover our mouths letting out little giggles.

"We made it..." Milly says and then the thunder starts to crackle, we begin to sprint towards the light in the distance as the thunder follows.

"Keep moving cmon!" Thomas yells as the lightning strikes around us "we're getting closer!" Jessie calls and I smile.

We arrived infront of a building, i look up and see thunder strike beside me and Jessie, we fly backwards away from the others.

My ears ring and I groan in pain rolling side to side a little, i look to see my side had gotten hit, burnt through my clothing, blood started to trickle down my side.

I sit up in pain, my head spinning hearing nothing, i look around to see Jessie on the floor unmoving, I crawl over to her as quickly as possible.

I scream a scream I couldn't hear, I shake my sister's body hoping she would move but she didn't, i start to cry as Aris comes over looking at me and Jessie, he was saying something.

I keep screaming slapping her face lightly hoping she would move again, I put my head to her chest hoping to feel a heartbeat, my hearing returns, i feel no heartbeat, nor can I hear one.

I sob shaking her, pulling her close to me as Milly comes over seeing her friend, she screams crying, I pick up Jessie and Aris takes Milly into the building.

"Finally what took you so long you shanks" Teresa smiles but then drops it once she saw me and Jessie "oh my god!".

Frypan takes Thomas takes Jessie from me and starts to do CPR, he continued his steps again and again in order to save Jessie.

He stops and looks up to me and Milly, we were hugging each other crying, he shakes his head "she's gone..." Thomas says and I let go of Milly racing to Jessie.

"No..no..no..." I say "I can't loose more people first Alby... Chuck... Gally... Winston.. don't let it be you next Jessie.." I cry, Teresa then stands up "hey.. what's that smell?" She questions.

I sniff smelling a rotten smell, I hear a growl behind me and turn to see a crank and scream backing away taking Jessie with me, everyone turned on their flashlights to see cranks everywhere.

"I see you've met our guard dogs" a female voice says behind us, we turn to see the silhouette walk towards us avoiding every crank in her path.

She came closer into view "stay back! Stay back!" Minho warns, the girl had black shaved hair and brown eyes "you guys look like shit" she smiles then looks at me.

She sees Jessie and drops her smile "c'mon follow me" she says "unless you wanna stay here with them" and with that see turns around to a door leading to a place with strangers.

"C'mon keep up, Jorge would like to meet you" she says walking up the stairs holding Jessie "who's Jorge?" I croak holding onto my bloody burnt side.

"You'll see, no ones come out of the scorch in a long time, you've just got him curious... and me too" she says checking out Thomas.

I couldn't help but laugh at the look Teresa was giving her, Teresa then looks at me glaring causing me to laugh a little more, I then hear laughing behind me.

I turn to see a lot of men following us, I turn back around creeped out "anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Milly asks holding my hand.

"Let's just hear him out. See what he has to say" Thomas says causing me to groan, Milly accidentally leans her head on my burnt side and I cry out in pain.

"You alright love?" Newt asks and I look at him, he looked into my eyes then gave me a nod with a sad look as if my eyes told him the answer, he then holds my hand and squeezes it.

We then enter a room with a man standing at his desk fiddling with a radio of some sort "Jorge, they're here" the black haired girl says only to be shushed.

He sharply exhales then turns around to us as the girl sits on the sofa with Jessie's head in her laps "do you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?" He asks.

I let out a sigh "yeah.." causing the man called Jorge to give me a smile patting my back before turning to the others "Three questions, where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?" He asks.

Thomas gulps and licks his lips "don't all answer at once" he says "we're heading to the mountains, looking for right arm" Thomas says and the men behind laugh.

"Your looking for ghosts you mean" Jorge says as he takes a sip of his water sighing "Question number two" he says and I give him a questionable look "didn't you just-" I begin but he shushed me.

"Where did you come from?" He asks only to be answered by Minho "that's our business" I get pinned to the table and they lift up my hair revealing my neck, I try to struggle but they hit my side making me stop.

"Get off me please! Stop!" I beg as I didn't want the others to see my neck, the girl with the shaved head comes over and pins my head to the table scanning my neck but sighing.

"You were right.." She tells Jorge, i elbow the men in the face and they release their grip, I put my hair down making sure it covers my neck "I'm sorry hermano, looks like your tagged... you came from WICKED." Jorge says.

"Which means your very valuable" he says and then men start taking everyone away except me, Milly and Jessie "Newt!" I scream as he gets taken away.

"Now hermano... about your injury and your... neck.." Jorge sighs "Brenda will do her best to help with your side whilst I take your sister" Jorge says and I feel Milly hug me.

"I'm sorry for your loss..." he sighs taking Jessie's limp body out of the room taking her somewhere. Brenda leads me to a medical room placing me on a bed.

"Let's see here." Brenda says, she grabs my shirt and looks at me "can I take it off so I can see your injury better?" She asks and I nod, she then removed my top and started to clean my side.

I hiss in pain "it looks like you have quite a few cuts around your body, they're almost gone by the looks of it" she smiles and I laugh "almost but it still hurts" i say.

She removed my old bandages and replaced it with plasters, I only had about three cuts on my stomach area, she got a bandage and wrapped it around my waist where the injury was.

"There we go, all clean!" She smiles "well not fully..." she thinks for a moment then lifts her finger up as if she had just got an idea.