1:5

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

IT HAD been a while since Ben was last put in the maze, no one really spoke about it, they didn't want to, it was night time now, everyone had torches and watched Gally cross off Ben's name on the wall.

I searched the wall to see my name no where to be found, I was relieved in a way and I don't know why, maybe it was the thought that maybe if something happened to me...

I wouldn't want my name to be crossed out right there to be a painful reminder to my friends, I walk away from everyone as Thomas and Chuck talked.

I went into a field alone, looking around making my hand follow the tall grass, then a bug with a little light appeared, fireflies.

It looked like in the middle of the field was an empty gap, grass cut short along the path leading to it, i start to move my arms around.

More fireflies appeared, i then quickly look around and see an abandoned jar, i take the jar and catch a few fireflies, i place the jar down and sigh looking up at all the fireflies floating around above me.

I lay down, my back on the ground, I feel my eyelids become heavy and have a dream.

I saw a girl and Thomas behind screens, then a blonde lady appeared saying 'wicked is good' and then another voice a male one 'be strong y/n' another image, the girl behind the screen 'everything's going to change'

I then saw everyone drowning in tanks I see myself screaming at one, i look and see Newt screaming through the glass, Chuck, Gally, Alby.

I cried out for all of them, 'wicked is good' repeated then I see myself on a bed, people surrounding me with masks and equipment.

I then see me Thomas and the girl on the beds reaching for one another 'wicked is good' then a voice 'it's that boy isn't it? He made you weak I told you not to get attached!'

I wake up screaming and sweating, I was in a hammock, what!? Where was I, I look around and see someone rush over to me "you alright love?" A familiar British accent asks.

I shake my head no and try not to cry, what the hell was that.. that dream!? Newt notices my pain and hugs me, i hug him back, I felt safe in him arms, Newt always felt familiar to me... I don't know why.

I look over to see the gates opening, I see Thomas awake too looking at the wall open aswell, once we all wake up me Chuck and Thomas sit on a log.

"Yeah but why would Alby go in the maze" Thomas questions, "I mean he's- he's not a runner!" Thomas sighs "things are different now, Alby went to re-trace Bens footsteps before sundown, but are you going to help!" Newt asks after explaining.

I smile at him laughing slightly, "OK, so he's going to go to where Ben was just stung?" Thomas questions but newt interrupts "Alby knows what he's doing, alright, he knows better then any of us" he says as he continues chopping the wood infront of me.

"What does that mean?" Thomas asks, Newt stops chopping the wood and looks at Thomas sighing "right it's like you've heard yeah, every month the box sends up a new arrival someone had to be first, alright? Someone had to spend the whole month in the glade alone, that was Alby." Newt explains.

He then starts chopping the wood again "I mean it can't have been easy, but when those other boys started coming up one after another he saw the truth, and he learned that the most important thing is that we have each other" Newt pauses.

"Cause were all in this together." He finished and I sighed looking at him as he slowly made his way through the wood, we were all silent for a while until Thomas stood up.

He started to help "yeah, there ya go greenie!" Newt says praising the boy, then it started raining, I grabbed Chuck and we went for shelter.

As we were under the roof or the hut I shivered from the cold, I was only in my tank top and leggings still after all, everyone looked at the gate whilst Newt saw me, the dirty blonde boy pulled me close to him.

His body was warm and I wrapped my arms around him embracing his warmth, "they should be back by now" Thomas says, "what happens if they don't make it?" I ask shakily.

"They're gonna make it" Newt says "What happens if they don't" I repeat looking up at the brown eyed boy "they're gonna make it" he replies and I sigh shakily, my teeth start to chatter and I shake from the cold.

Newt looks around for something and finds a dry blanket, he lets go of me and gets the blanket, he then wraps the soft fabric around my body and picks me up bridal style taking me over to a dry chair.

I lay in his laps, my body feeling a little bit more warmer, I snuggle into Newt a bit more still shivering and he holds me closer and tighter than before.

I look over my shoulder to see Gally looking through the rain at the gates too then he backs away somewhere else, I let myself fall asleep in Newts arms.

Memory..

"Y/n we have a subject we want you to go to, subject A5 in that room." The blonde points over to a room and I make my way over, I sigh before entering.

I enter to see a dirty blonde haired boy with dark brown eyes and freckles, I give him a small smile as I enter sitting at the end of his bed he looked familiar.

"I'm y/n nice to meet you, who are you?" I ask the boy "I'm newt" he says quietly, he's obviously been through a lot, "whats wrong?" I ask and he looks at me "they took my younger sister from me" he looked sad.

I didn't know what to do but hug him for comfort, then the image flickered to something else "y/n I warned you not to get attached to subject A5" The man says.

I run over to the room to see Newt gone. I run over to the man with anger in my eyes "alright rat man where is he!!" I yell. I
Hear his voice in the distance and run.

To only see him looking at me sadly, i sprint over to him hugging him, "Newt I'm so so sorry maybe if I didn't tell them the coor-" he cuts me off with a kiss.

I look at him shocked, tears forming in my eyes "y/n promise you'll never give up on me.." he whispers and I nod but then he gets pulled away "NEWT!" I scream, only to see him in a tube screaming.

I see other subjects too, the ones I had gotten close with, i bang my fist on the tubes hoping they would break, i pond my fist harder on Newt's glass, my hand becoming bloody.

Newt was shaking his head for me to stop, the glass was breaking just one more hit maybe? I go to hit it again but get pulled away screaming.

I wake...