Chapter : 10

Tru Colton

I slipped on my long black body-con cocktail dress, which trailed behind me, has a long dangerously high slit up my left leg, and was strapless. I kept only my black lace panties on because the dress had built in cups. I allowed my long brown hair to hand down my back and shoulders in a bouncy blow dry. I done my usual smoky eye make up and kept it natural. That's what I preferred.

I put on a small diamond necklace. Which wasn't to flashy yet, however you still knew it was expensive, a diamond bracelet, a small diamond studs. I picked out black Louboutin heels to go with my outfit and sprayed some Chanel perfume over me before heading downstairs.

Ashton was told at the bottom typing away on his phone when he caught me. It was like time stood still, I felt like I was the only woman there. I walked downstairs and Ashton reached for my hand at the last step. "You look stunning baby." I smirked as he placed a kiss on my cheek. "Ye? You don't look so bad yourself." He chuckled darkly at me before we walked into the kitchen where guests where along with in the gazebo where more where. "Are my parents here yet?" He shook his head no and a man approached him. They began talking and I stood to the side back a little.

"Hey!" Carmen came up to me. "Want to be pregnant for me so I can drink?" I snorted and shook my head. "No thanks. I'm going to enjoy the alcohol." She groaned and looked around. "Stick with me please. I hate talking to these woman! They are so fucking annoying!" She whisper shouted. I chuckled lightly.

"If everyone could join us in the gazebo for the meal." London called, all different people in the mafia where there. No one dared to ignore the Italian Mafia. They are the most powerful. Ashton walked over to me as I went to sit at a random table. "No." He whispered in my ear, he placed his hand on the small of my back and walked me over to the table that himself, Maverick, London, Abel and Carmen where sat at. I sat down beside Carmen and Ashton sat on the other side of me.

Before the meal was served Maverick stood and gave a speech;

"I would like to thank you all for coming along tonight to celebrate my 50th birthday. I would also like to thank you all for not trying to kill each other. However we know that this time tomorrow there's a chance I'll have a Russian in a choke hold." Everyone laughed. "Thank you for your kind gifts, you loyalty...on this one night...and your bravery. After all this is the mafia. We stand for what?" The crowd replied with; "loyalty not blood" Maverick raised his glass to the air and chimed. "Diamo inizio alla festa" everyone clapped as London stood.

"I know it's unusual for the woman to speak at these sorts of things, however times are changing aren't they ladies." All the woman chimed, I might as well join in. "I want to thank my husband for the past 30years of marriage he could have made my life hell. Instead he made it the most pleasant experience of my life and I can't wait for many more." Everyone clapped again before she turned. "I also want to thank my sons, these men are making me proud. Ashton has now taken over the Mafia and I couldn't be prouder. Abel and his wife Carmen are also expecting a child." Everyone clapped smiling at Abel and Carmen. I picked up my glass of champagne and took a long sip.

If this was a party for my family, Audrey would have been given praise for managing to tie her own shoe lace. Me on the other hand, I would probably be talking to a bartender asking if he wanted to fuck after.

"Hopefully, Ashton will give us grandkids soon to! Or I might have to spank him like when he was boy" I choked on my drink. Images of Ashton spanking me only a few nights ago flashed over my mind. Ashton chuckled, but not at the joke.

At me.

"Anyway, thank you all for coming. Enjoy the meal." London sat down and the dinner was served. Ashton and I dabbed in conversation about general things until the dessert came. Two large strawberry tarts where placed down in front of us.