Chapter: 36 - Change

Ashton King

Ashton King

"And how long will we be given to move in?" Tru asked, her finger tips gliding across the grey stone island in the kitchen. "We usually only give two days. But considering the size of the home I think we could push to give you guys a week to move in." Tru's eyes lit up as she turned round to me, trying her damndest to mask her excitement, but failing miserably.

"We'll be in touch." I assured the estate agent. She gave us a smile and nod as she picked up her files and walked out leaving Tru and I to explore the house on our own. Tru waited for her to close the door before running up to me. "Please can we get this house! I love it! I wanna stay here!" She fake sobbed.

"I thought you weren't materialistic?" She shrugged, glancing down at her feet. "I'm not...I just have nice taste." She looked up at me through her long thick lashes. God those big doe eyes.

"I already put in our offer." I said bending down to kiss her lips. Her eyes widened in excitement before she threw her arms round my neck and pulled me in closer to her. "Oh my god Ashton!" She beamed pulling back from me. 

Since last week, Tru has spent every day in the house, bored senseless. In fact, today has been the first day she was out. After I found Porter trying it on with my wife, I took the liberty of taking him after he told me that he knew where Richard was.

If there was one thing I wanted over everything else in this would it would be Tru's safety ensured and the only way for that to happen would be through getting rid of Richard and by god I couldn't wait for that day.

We didn't spend much longer in the home only doing one last scout of the place and taking pictures to show to our family. The house was larger than necessary, however considering our ever growing family, maybe it wansn't such a bad thing.

There was; 14 bedrooms, 16 bathrooms, 2 offices, and indoor swimming pool and out door swimming pool. A hot tub room, gym, cinema room and a nursery. The nursery was right beside the gym I assumed so you could workout and have the baby still close to you.

I imagined Tru and I having kids many a times. But I wasn't getting panicked thinking that maybe it wasn't in Tru's plans to have kids any time soon.

Regardless, we will not be having children until Tru is ready for that commitment. I would never put that pressure on her especially if it was only going to cause her stress. More than what she already has.

We got home around noon, my father and Able were already in my office waiting on me as Tru and I walked through the doors. Tru danced straight into the living room were Carmen and my mother were sat playing with Starr. "Tru." I called her over.

She walked over, taking a gulp of water from her bottle. "Yeah." I pressed my hand to the small of her back and pulled her in to me. "I have to work for a while. Once I'm done we can go grab some lunch if you want?" She smiled, looking up to me. "Sure, why don't we take Starr with us? I think this lot could use a break." She whispered gesturing with her head to my mom who looked like she could fall asleep even whilst being tortured and Carmen who was probably already counting sheep.